Infinity Kappa 6x9 3-ways installed, TRUNK=RATTLE! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Infinity Kappa 6x9 3-ways installed, TRUNK=RATTLE!
Friday, November 11, 2005 3:21 PM
I installed some infinity kappa 6x9 3-ways in my car today. I had to mount them on the bottom of the deck lid with the provided spacers. I'm coming from infinity reference. These are really nice speakers. Very well constructed, they look good, and come with crossovers.

Anyway, to the point of this post, as I stated before, I installed them on the bottom of the deck lid since the cage of the speaker is too big to fit through the stock holes. I don't have the bass inreased or anything, but all I hear is rattle from medium to high volume..

I notice if I pop my trunk, and push up against the deck lid with my hand, it stops about 90% of the rattling..

I'm new at this stuff, and don't really know what to do about this. I was thinking maybe some kind of support or something.. or "dyno mat" or whatever..

----------
Cavillac

Re: Infinity Kappa 6x9 3-ways installed, TRUNK=RAT
Friday, November 11, 2005 7:04 PM
cut bigger holes in the deck lid, mount on top. like this:

take a piece of carpet or other thick soft material and prop it on the underside of the deck lid where you pushed up on it before. This should give you a very clean and crisp sound with no other noises. and you don't have to buy dynomat. hope this helps.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:00 AM
what would you recommend cutting the hole with?

----------
Cavillac
Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:51 AM
i used a dremel, remember to just cut small and fit test it then re-apply the carpet. one drawback is mounting it to the thin hardboard. I'll let you know when i think of something

Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:45 PM
i have my kappas under the carpet,hey kaze i bet you would have to agree with me that kappa are perhaps the best sounding 6x9 around. and for the ratling if that doesnt work try using some ruber molding since rubber can reduce .the vibration.
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:13 PM
Hey. I really have decided to get the following speakers

REAR: Infinity Kappa's 6 x 9 693.9I ( newest model)
FRONT: Infinity Kappas 4 x 6 plate speakers 462.9 (newest model)

I wanted to get the best and newest models of the kappa series. This is what I found. My question is, does anyone know whether this set of speakers will give me install issues. As mentioned above about the installation of the 6 x 9, mattress says "Anyway, to the point of this post, as I stated before, I installed them on the bottom of the deck lid since the cage of the speaker is too big to fit through the stock holes"

What do I need to do to accomodate these speakers. Any issues with the install of the front 4 x 6's?

Thanks!

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:31 PM
Just get rid of your rear speakers and the noise stops.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:50 AM
TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:Just get rid of your rear speakers and the noise stops.

this, unless you have a sub back there, then just add bracing!

click sig for my car audio videos
Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:57 AM
Regarding the 4x6's

I have a set of reference (or had. Currently being re-located) in the front door panels. If i remember correctly they didn't come with a spacer or adapter of any sort. (Being 4x6's they shouldn't require any modding. Just a replacement speaker)

I had a little trouble with fitment issues. Nothing that required any fabbing or cutting of any sorts. Just irritating.

I was only able to mount 2 screws to the stock speaker holder in the doors. I had the tweeters put in facing toward the back of the car.

[ .o O ]
Small circle= Tweeter
Large circle= Cone
Decimal point= +3db button

So in the diagram this speaker is for the drivers side door. (To be symmetrical I mirrored this install for the passenger side as well.)

I didn't have any wiring issues. I just spliced into the stock speaker harness.

It indeed fits (and sounds fantastic) but you may not get all 4 screws set into their respected mounting locations.

I also have a set of 6x9's that I am currently having a problem with. I mounted them into a set of sealed boxes. (Bass has improved tenfold)

As of now they are just sitting on top of the rear deck lid. I will be cutting holes to accommodate the boxes when time provides itself to me.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Justin
Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:08 PM
I used to have those exact same speakers as well in my front doors but have since upgraded to some more manly 6 1/2 compoents , in any case tho i had to cut the bottom of the speaker bracket out to make them fit then i got longer screws b/c i couldn't get the stock ones to fit

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search