Autoloc Power Lock Kit - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Autoloc Power Lock Kit
Friday, November 04, 2005 2:33 PM
okay, well i installed this kit today...soldered all connections, and had everything setup, go to try it, and absolutly nothing happens. Try locking and unlocking from inside...from outside...it isn't working. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Autoloc Power Lock Kit
Friday, November 04, 2005 2:55 PM
ok, i try it again, but i need the key in the ignition, and turned 1 click for the locks to work...also, it only works by locking/unlocking the passenger door...if i lock or unlock the driver door, the passenger door does nothing, but if i manually lock the passenger door, the drivers door will lock (basically it is reversed...)...what did i do wrong?

Friday, November 04, 2005 4:59 PM
Sounds like you put the drivers door actuator in the pass and the pass one in the driver door, how many wires were on each?? as for it only working when you have the key on, it sounds like you have it wired to a switched for the power instead of a constant. What wire do you have it hooked up to??

the Actuator with the most wires should be in the drivers door, and you should be hooked up to the red wire or some other constant power source.

Friday, November 04, 2005 5:10 PM
they both had the same number of wires....i reversed the whole harness, and it worked...thanks for the help guys.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:30 PM
well, it worked...woke up today, and it didn't work...this is weird.....it is only working from the passenger side....can anyone suggest anything?

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:35 PM
It sounds like you have the actators swithed. Do both actuators have the same amount of wires coming out of them or does one of them have more wires??

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:44 PM
they both have the same amount of wires

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:45 PM
Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:21 PM
ok i switched the actuators around even though they look the EXACT same, have the same number of wires, and now it works like it's supposed to. It's weird!!! Anyway, thanks for your help "Red Dragon (formerly DB)"

Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:52 AM
not a problem, ive put a couple of kits in, none from commando and there is always a master actuator, the kits I used all had more wires on the master but hey what ever. Glad i could help. welcome to the world of power locks.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:27 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-CAVALIER-KEYLESS-ENTRY-SYSTEM-2-POWER-DOOR-LOCKS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQitemZ8008382674QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

i know i posted this in another post, but would like to make sure i get answers soon.

i would like to know if the ebay kit is the same kit or how i could get the real autoloc kit cheaper.

how much did you pay for your autoloc kit RYAN? $125 ?

Sunday, November 13, 2005 9:34 PM
i got my kit from AplusPerformance...can't remember how much

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:00 PM
dont be a post whore.
please?

cavy:bagged easystreet front, bags to be in in back soon, tubd, 18s.
celica gt-s:6speed, AEM Cold air, hi flow cat, muffler deletion, NGK plugs, Carbon fiber headliner, B&M shift kit, sportline 2.2" drop, factory rear disk brakes 1/4: 14.5sec. top speed: 145mph
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:08 PM
what did you tap for constant power?

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:47 PM
hey ryan be careful with those one of mine went out after like 6 months

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search