Tv's and ps2? How Hard? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tv's and ps2? How Hard?
Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:18 PM
Now that im getting a new cd player which has all the inputs for tv's, ps2, and massive amps, I am thinking about putting 2 tv screens in the sun visors and equpping the car with ps2. But how hard and how much would it cost? is there any visors on the net that are exact same as cavalier visors just with tv screens? what if i just bought 2 tv screens and just installed them in my visor, how hard would it be? Any Ideas?

www.myspace.com/lindztodd

Re: Tv's and ps2? How Hard?
Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:54 PM
If you have mirrors in your visors, it is super easy. 5.6 in screens fir into the hole where the mirror was with little fuss. I bought some sunvisors with the mirrors in them, and the whole installation took about 20 minutes.
Step 1. Take the visor apart. Just pull the seams apart and the glue should separate. remove the mirror assembly.
step 2. If your screen comes with a mounting frame (and it should) place it where it should go and mark your cuts. it should not be much, the size is pretty close. cut the visor.
step 3. glue the bracket with the screen in it to the visor frame. Sandwich the screen within the two halves of the visor. run your wiring out the top and through the mounting point where it attaches to the headliner. Run the wires down the a pillar then to your head unit. You never have to see the wires!
step 4. the screens simply plug into the head unit. run your power and ground wires along with the signal cable (the one you ran down the a pillar) turn the system on and test it.
Let me know if you have any questions i did not answer. Good luck!
Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:01 PM
Hmmmm, sounds easy, im gonna look into at look into screen prices....also gotta mount the ps2 in the car as well...where does the screen power come from once hooked up? is it just off theh ead unit, or do i run seperate power wires to battery or distribution box?

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:04 PM
i also need to find some 5.6 tv screens that are thin and low profile....i cant have any chunky frames around them, and they have to be thin to hide up into visors...any ideas? ebay doesnt have much to choose from ( i already loooked)

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:11 PM
i have real thin ones made by fahrenheit. they fit pefectly in the visors and theres no buldge at all. mines set up the way justin said. my wire runs out where it mount and down the pillar. at the bottom i have a power invertor behind the carpet for the ps2. if anyone needs pics, just email me and i'll snap some pics

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:12 PM
could u send some so i can check them out? dczs04@netscape.com thanks alot

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:56 PM
I have my screens hooked up to a fused link from the main head unit power. I also have it hooked up to a switch so it doesn't run all the time.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:18 PM
All sounds good, but my mirrors in my visors are rectangular, if i put int a 5.6 screen, wouldnt there be space on either side? I think i have different visors than you do...but sned me pics so i can look at them newayz. If need be, i will buy same visors you have to complete the install.

Friday, September 16, 2005 10:25 AM
i'll snap pics when i get home. you basically have to rewrap your visor. mine is wrapped right around the screen of the tv so all you see is just to the very edge of the screen, nothin' else. its looks really good.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:52 AM
send me pics too? bryan69087@hotmail.com please

thanks

Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:31 PM
Hey, send me pics as well if you would... silverfalcon23@yahoo.com Thanks!

Also, does anyone know of what are some good tv brands/models to put into visors as well as ones to put into the headrests of my seats? And where I could get those?
Thanks guys

Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:45 PM
*bump*

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search