looking for new amps now..damn - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for new amps now..damn
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:34 PM
Well today i guess my concept 754 decided to crap out on me..it just pops repeatily untill i shut it off and it smells like burning..so i was lookign at getting a new 4 chanel...hows this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIFONICS-NEMESIS-800wat-4-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ7998963239QQrdZ1
it looks good and everyone seems to say they are ok...are these amps good or not and if so what would be a better choice? phil

Re: looking for new amps now..damn
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:46 PM
I have the Nemesis 440 thats basically the same thing ,just less watts. It's not in my car now, but it is a great amp. Those amps have a pretty low S/N and distortion rating. For $180 it's not a good deal. For the money Hifonics amps are a good deal.IMO
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:47 PM
???im confused you say for 180 its not a good deal butthe amps are a good deal? 180 is cheap as far as im concerned..if you havea better amp for the money please point me to it..phil
Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:17 AM
i have a used memphis studio st3004 74x4 at 4 ohms. they sell new for 500 at shops. mine is 2 years old. with one year on the warranty i will let it go for 250.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:50 PM
I suggest a Alpine MRV-F345... I am running it, and it runs cool, and doesnt need a lot of amperage. If you want a cheap 4 channel (Less than 100 minus shipping) there is this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5808980540&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
I asked and the reserve is only $95.00

I know people hate Audiobahn, but it is 75 x 4 @ 4ohms... and under 100.

Just a few good amp companies...
Alpine, Memphis, JL, Eclipse, Phoenix Gold, JBL, Earthquake, Hifonics (to a lesser extent), Directed (to a lesser extent), Rockford Fosgate (to a lesser extent), Audiobahn (not great, but if you are looking for raw power, it will do that)
Friday, September 16, 2005 10:12 PM
Sorry, I meantto say it's a good deal.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search