Primer it plz - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Primer it plz
Friday, June 30, 2006 10:00 AM
Hey guys, im gonna be starting college soon....going into Automotive collision. Well, im going to be using my car as a project. After having my friend back into it and finding out that it'll cost $275 to repaint the rear bumper....i decided i want to do it myself.
Well, can someone plz primer it in black, or in red, or both. It may be that way for a while but eventually i'll get it back to the original red. thanx

Re: Primer it plz
Friday, June 30, 2006 11:22 AM
This may be the most pointless photoshop request ever. If it's going back to the original red eventually, why do you need a photoshop of it primered? Most photoshops we do are to help people decide what they want on their car, or just for plain old fun. I'm confused as to which of these options your request is.

there's my (semi)@!#$ post for the month, it's been awhile.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:26 PM
i want to see what color primer i should go with. red or black or w/e.....its gonna be in primer for a while cause its gonna be my project for school.

Friday, June 30, 2006 1:58 PM
98sedanz24 wrote:i want to see what color primer i should go with. red or black or w/e.....its gonna be in primer for a while cause its gonna be my project for school.

who cares what it will look like.....in any primer it will look like @!#$ anyways seeing how the rest of the car will still be red

Friday, June 30, 2006 8:04 PM
Dude, just spend the money to fix the dent, it would be easier and cheaper than doing the whole car in primer.. which would look like ass. Your paint now is fine, just fix the bad spot.

1983 Camaro Z28
Friday, June 30, 2006 9:38 PM
Can't someone just do the damm thing instead of bitching?

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:28 AM
just do black man.. ill do the chop for u later tonight becuz im getting ready to go junkyard digging but i would say just do black.. the red wont look right at all

also is it me or does that just look hot? i love the stance its got goin on.

Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:17 AM
ok did anybody read the reason y its gonna be in primer?? cause its gonna be my project for college.

Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:24 AM
here is black.. i tried the red but it was really hard to even look remotly close to what it would look like..

Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:31 AM
thanx....that would be a big change, but i think i could deal with that for a while. i may found an ls sport kit that i may be able to get....so we shall see what happens.

Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:12 PM
why not get grey primer? it looks nicer or cant u get a custom color primer?

CHECK OUT MY DOMAIN!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236703

Monday, July 03, 2006 6:38 PM
Thad, I realize this is your project car and you want to put the car in primer, but you're probably better off just fixing the bumper if the car is staying the factory red anyway. If it helps, just bring that bad boy up to Grimes and I'll help you put a new bumper on if you can find one. I can't remember who gave you the deck lid, but maybe they have a rear bumper too cuz that trunk matched perfectly when you put it on. And remember, I've seen your car in person. The paint was fine when you were in Williamsburg, I just think you could get away with replacing the bumper and buffing the whole thing out. Hit me up if you want some help with it, bro.

Monday, July 03, 2006 6:56 PM
Well when he said that the car is going to be his project.. im asuming he will be learning all kinda of body work on it.. sanding, primering, painting, fix dents, body filler, shaving handles or sumthing, could learn buffing, and paint care techniqs and stuff before primer so if u burn the paint no biggie.. its going in primer.. etc.. my car was my project car and i wish i woulda started sooner to be able to get the whole car in the booth to primer the whole thing.. i had to settle with a black front end, and a black trunk lol.. this year i plan to get it in this winter to fix some body damage and primer the whole thing..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search