Anyone in the mood for a 2-tone? - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone in the mood for a 2-tone?
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:08 PM
Well i finally got ALL my body work done on the car... I am trying to figure out what i want to do for paint now. I am open for all and any ideas. I would like to leave the carbon fiber fender look showing through somewhere on them and i don't want the hood painted.

This is baiscally the idea i was leaning towards.....but have the black extend all the way back to the prostock wing. I would like to have that be the same color. So at the very bottom just imagine a line and have that run along side of the car evenly just above the handles, also if you could make them white as well.

Thanks in advance guys, remember i am open to anything you can think of.

Re: Anyone in the mood for a 2-tone?
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:09 PM
thats not a bad idea... i think that would look nice!
the only thing tho, imo, is that in the PS you only have 2 colors; blue/gray. however if you're leaving the CF exposed, then the door will not match the fenders. unless your somehow found a colro that would match the cf thread/color... it may stick out/not match as well as the PS?
does that make sense??

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:24 PM
Man if you stick with the black and white like that you almost look like one of those old police cars. LOL. The Bottom pic looks good. Go for it.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:26 PM
I love the white, so i really want to stick with that. The only reason i would like to see the top black is because of the carbon fiber fenders. I am not too sure i really like them all in all... But since i have em on there, i guess they are staying.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:18 PM
did a quik one for ya on my break...
something simple and clean

With that it keeps the lock area white s oitll kinda hide the locks if u dont wanna shave em(cept the trunk one), and then painting the handle area black so itll hide those a lil more too. also.. all u gotta do is nightshade ur stockers and have a really clean look for taillight.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:09 PM
that looks hot

Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:12 AM
O and forgot to mention.. your Chrome motegis.. i dont think will look good.. get em powder coated black! and then just keep the chrome lip... that would look sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.. or keep teh steelies on lmao

but im not a fan of chrome so i guess i can wait and see it in person.. plus im bias to dark wheels

Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:43 AM
Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:O and forgot to mention.. your Chrome motegis.. i dont think will look good.. get em powder coated black! and then just keep the chrome lip... that would look sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.. or keep teh steelies on lmao

but im not a fan of chrome so i guess i can wait and see it in person.. plus im bias to dark wheels

Thanks for the chop man, the motegi's aren't chrome, they are hyper black. When you look at them in an angle they look GM, they play real tricks on your eyes. I wouldn't buy a set of chrome wheels if my life depended on it.. lol. These stupid fenders are making me think really hard what i want to do for paint on them. I'm almost to the point of ripping the freakin things back off and trading someone for a stock set or something.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:34 AM
Manta Z(The Primered One) wrote:did a quik one for ya on my break...
something simple and clean

With that it keeps the lock area white s oitll kinda hide the locks if u dont wanna shave em(cept the trunk one), and then painting the handle area black so itll hide those a lil more too. also.. all u gotta do is nightshade ur stockers and have a really clean look for taillight.

I LIKE IT but mabye go for a color that matches the CF a little more

Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:06 PM
^^ i agree with that.. and CRJ.. for some reason i thought they were chrome.. i think it was becuz u told me that area 51 or w/e his name it had em too and i was jsut thinking u got chrome like his..

but yeh if u did more of a gunmetalish color i think it would look better.. go with the rims too.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:37 PM
Holy jesus... i just got my quote on paint with bringing them this picture. $4,000... holy jesus. Probably more than my car is freaking worth... .. time to start saving my pennies big time.

I duno know if i would want a color more like the CF... it looks kinda brown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:40 PM

Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:42 PM
well kevin on his is like a dark gray and i think it looks badass with the c/f. but if i were u i would do a black divide line

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:53 PM
I'm not sure that I like the black/white two tone. You need colors that are closer to each other on the color chart.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:05 PM
I think if you get the right scheme it could look pretty good in black and white, for example....

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph
Friday, June 23, 2006 11:56 AM
hahaha!! thats freakin awesome.

Friday, June 23, 2006 12:01 PM
Poilce?

atleast u spelled pride right..

but nice chop lol
the C158 shoulda be CRJ 158

Friday, June 23, 2006 2:28 PM
Bwahahaha.... ok i am offically turning the car all white now...

Friday, June 23, 2006 7:11 PM

Fixed it! And added some text for your viewing pleasure!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Friday, June 23, 2006 9:56 PM
Bluecavi (hater of the wings) wrote:

Fixed it! And added some text for your viewing pleasure!

jesus... this is making my stomach turn in agony.

Since you guys have soo much time to really know how to dig a knife pretty deep into a guys project, could you make the whole car white and leave the fenders carbon fiber, then one just leaving the hood carbon fiber and the rest of the car all white? I am seriously considering getting rid of the carbon fiber fenders after this season. But i can't picture how it would look the way i described it like above now that you've all made it into a po po mobile.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:14 PM
SRY dont have photochop but I could try with what I have...

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:22 PM
qwik one, id say get the middle part of bumper lip wrapped in c/f

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:21 PM

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:14 PM
i'll take your fenders

i personally think the black and white looks terrible. the phtoshop you started with that is blue/grey is sick though

Round 1 Heat v Bulls 4-2 HEAT
Round 2 Heat v Nets 4-1 HEAT
East Finals Heat v Pistons 4-2 HEAT
NBA Finals Heat v Mavericks 4-2 HEAT
NBA CHAMPS!!!!!!!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 9:49 AM
Thanks for the second attempt Stephen, I think its all going to come down to how my wheels look on the car when i get them put on. If i don't like how they look all together, the fenders will be comming off the car. I am not going to bend over back wards just for these things to match my car.

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:09 PM
Hey manta... odd request... the white you turned the bumpers and everything into reminds me of the pearl white you find on escalades on what not... I chopped my wheels onto the car and i am absolutly in love with how it looks. Could you possibly turn the rest of the artic white on the car the same color along with the door handels and outer portion of the mirrors??

I would greatly appreciate it mang.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:54 AM
cold air sucks wrote:I think if you get the right scheme it could look pretty good in black and white, for example....

ahaha i thinking cop car the hole time i was look at this post then some one photoshoped it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search