my cartoon - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my cartoon
Thursday, December 01, 2005 2:28 AM
here is my cartoon, i know it sux but it was my first time trying, i will get better

Re: my cartoon
Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:51 AM
thugn$ wrote:it sux[/IMG]

HAHA j/k had to. you said it not me lol. j/p
for a first toon its alright. What tool did u use to draw the lines? I would suggest using the Pen Tool, now there is a way u can use the pen tool and also make it where u use less Anchor Points. Click the spot u want the line to start(for this to work u need to be tracing something that arcs or bends a lil bit) and then click a spot somewhere in the middle or at the end of the arc or bend, but DONT LET GO OF THE MOUSE!(hope you didnt lol) now while holding down the mouse buttin move your mouse side-side or up-down to get it to arc or bend with the lines in the pic. Works wonders! i Love it! Toon doesnt look bad for first tho, atleast u attempted to do one urself and learn how to do it. And trust me u'll get better. Also no cheating on the wheels using Paint Duabs or some other filter lol

Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:58 PM
thanx for the tips, im gona try that

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:20 PM
Really that isnt bad for your first time. My suggestion is to try to make the lines more smoother and straight. But really youll get the hang of it in time. Im still new at it and i learn something new everytime. Good luck

Friday, December 02, 2005 1:32 AM
Gotta get the hang of the distortion. Its not just stretching the car to wierdass angles. That makes it look stupid. You have to adjust the distortion to emphasize certain traits of whatever car your working with. For example, cartooning a van, you wouldnt make it real flat, like a low top, it would be tall and bubbly. Or distorting a VW Beetle. It wouldnt look right to make it real long and flat.

Think about the artists that draw caricatures of people at carnivals and whatnot. The emphasize traits of people that stand out particularly. Facial hair, ears, noses. Would be wierd if someone with a big nose got drawn and the artist distorted it to look smaller.

I would advise on the actually tooning of it, but thats a whole other world to me. I only to pen and paper.

Hope that helps!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search