C&C on My Cobalt Toon - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
C&C on My Cobalt Toon
Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:08 AM
This was for the contest on Creative Draft for CobaltSS.net

[img=http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/6517/cobaltcontesttoon0qn.th.jpg]

Can I get some Feedback? Be Brutal?

Re: C&C on My Cobalt Toon
Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:20 AM

Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:28 AM
Don't like the rear flare in the rear.. its to big..
Interior seems to be painted on windshield, some vertical reflections might help
Some of the lines are really choppy..
You have the passenger seats bright, and the front driverside dark when the rear passenger should probably be darker than the front driverside, or atleast both front seats teh same shade and back seats darker...
Nothing behind the rims..

Those are just things i found that didnt look good but my entry was to plain and looks worse.. but thats just what i dont like about yours..

Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:35 AM
Do you mean the flare above the rear tire? or something actually in the rear tire

i had to cut time short on the interior unfortunately... what kind of vertical reflections are you talking about? example pics?

choppy lines, i am still trying to teach myself the pen tool.... any tips?
btw this one is way better than my last one

i'll post the original below: but there was nothing behind the rear rim to start with...

thanks manta i appreciate it!

Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:36 AM
oh and thats not the driver seat... thats the dash

Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:43 AM
yeah the flare above the rear tire
-Also below are two pics.. look in the first one, u can see what i mean about vertical reflections(uber easy to do) also those were quick ones u can make them curvier or jagged w/e u want.
-Also i circled what looks like teh driverside headrest?
-As for the rear wheel, to make ur own rotors or drums its just a circle with some erasing, if rotor u can add holes(drilled rotors) and a caliper to give it that more detail. Same with front(didnt add but the toon tut shows u how to do it..)
-Also dont worry about not knowing the pen tool.. i just learned a better way to have more curve using it last week lmao and makes it alot easier.. on the bottom of the first pic u can see how many points i got in the bottom one with trying to make curves by just adding points, on the top one there are alot less points but more curve.. u simply pic where u want to start, then pic where u want the curve to end and on that second point hold on to the mouse button and move it up-down side-side and that will allow u to control teh curve..(thats what the bar across the point is.. the handles to control the curve) also in the 2nd pic u can tell the difference in how smooth the top one is compared to the bottom..

Hope i helped u out a lil and if i confused u on something lemme kno and ill try and simplify it or reword it a little..

Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:38 PM
^Very good review MantaZ....

Looney - The thing he mentioned already that REALLY stood out to me was the rear passenger seat. Perhaps you thought it was the front driver seat, but its actually the rear passenger seat and it should be darker I think that would make the toon a lot more realistic, it was an eyesore to me. VERY good toon though, It was one of my favorites in the content! Good job.

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search