95 Q4 LO - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95 Q4 LO
Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:33 PM
WHat is the head that comes with the 95 LO Quad 4 motor by chance people ? I know their were a few heads that went on all the Q4 motors, with the only difference being valves and springs on most, anyone have an idea ?

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Re: 95 Q4 LO
Sunday, June 24, 2007 7:58 PM
are you asking what the casting number is?? 24575456

Monday, June 25, 2007 12:09 PM
Does it have similarities to the 086, Im going to take a brand new rebuilt one off my dead sunfire, and sell it, and a few buyers wanted to know, how do its valves ? Springs ? and internal flowing capacity compare to the 086 itself ?

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Monday, June 25, 2007 3:11 PM
how does it compare to the 086? it doesnt...086 is the best head you can get..the 95 LO head is probably the worst( performance wise)
smaller valves, smaller ports, doesnt flow nearly as well....its basically the same as a 2.4 head

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:05 PM
Ahh, I thought it just had springs or less qaulity, and that its internal size was the same

My Cav
I give up...
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:24 PM
well..INTERNALLY..itll raise the compression like the 086 would...but wont flow as well..i never recommend it

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:57 PM
So, technically, it could be fitted with HO Spec springs, and valves, and be a matching equivelent ?

My Cav
I give up...
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:55 PM
No... it does not flow like the 086 head, it would need a lot of P&P work to get it to flow like the 086.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:39 PM
Quote:

So, technically, it could be fitted with HO Spec springs, and valves, and be a matching equivelent ?

ugh..no
as much as every head would LOVE to be an 086 head they cant!
the ports on the Lo are MUCH smaller and the valves are smaller so you cant just install "HO springs and valves"
nothing flows like a stock 086 head...if your not looking for the best then use something else

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:26 PM
I have an 086, Im just trying to scavenge a rebuilt head that I used for my sunfire (winter beater). AND I kNOW you just cant plop and swap, the valves and springs... I was simply asking if the fittings for either were the same since you just said it had the same internalflowing capacity, I assumed that it could then have the better springs with the HO valves plopped in . I have taken no measurements myself or checked it out, I was just wondering if anyone here had .

My Cav
I give up...
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:12 PM
AND thanks to everyone for the asnwers. BUT now I have a freshly rebuilt head from a 95 and nothing to use it for .

My Cav
I give up...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:18 AM
theres always something to use it for..i see people all the time that put a new head on and dont care how well it flows, they just want their car running again..know what i mean? im sure SOMEONE would take it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search