Iridium spark plugs. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Iridium spark plugs.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:42 AM
Ive got Denso Iridium spark plugs in my LD9, and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with Iridium plugs. It seems like if I baby my car and don't get on the gas much for awhile, the car likes to cut out a little, getting worse the longer I drive like a grandma. If I punch the car to the floor, it starts getting better, after about 3 WOT accelerations at stop lights, the problem goes away.

This usually means that the spark plugs are fowelling, and was wondering if LD9's don't like iridium plugs or something, I never really had this problem before (started last winter shortly after the plugs where replaced), but when I first installed them, the car ran better, and the plugs that where in there before where new. Any ideas? or spark plug suggestions?

Re: Iridium spark plugs.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:24 AM
ive used iridium in my old 2200 and my current Ecotec with no problems.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:36 PM
Iv been using Iridium's for awhile now with no problems, however I have never trusted anything other than NGK, try swapping them out for a set of those and see if it helps.

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:52 AM
I wanted NGK instead of denso, but thats all I could get at the time, and Irridium plugs are over $50 for a set of 4, so trying different brands would add up. Sometimes I just have to rev up the car to have it come out of it. Maybee I'll try running some more fuel cleaner through it and see what happens.

Friday, June 22, 2007 9:14 AM
ive got autlolites in mine...iridium center electrode and platinum ground electrode. theyre called extremes or something like that.

i know a guy with a 97 trans am that runs mid 12's and he uses just plain autolite plugs...but he changes them alot to keep em fresh.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search