sprung a leak - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sprung a leak
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:05 PM
i was driving back from Hooters the other night, and all of a sudden it started smoking really bad. come to find out when i got back from Evansville, my oil was being sucked into my intake, and there was oil all over the engine. well a new pvc valve fix the suction problem, but i still have oil being sprayed all over the front of my engine. the bad thing is that it only does it when im driving around, and not when im sittin at my house with the hood up. neone have ne suggestions or has had it happen to them?

Proud member of JBOK

Re: sprung a leak
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:32 PM
valve cover gasket perhaps? the gasket went in my 2200 and oil was leaking all over the front of the engine and buring on the exhaust manifold. just a thought...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:38 PM
i was thinking that, and thats exactly what it is doing. but i hope not b/c i just had my headgasket changed about 400 miles ago. Come to think about it, it never used ne oil til i had that shop do my head gasket. ill have to check on it tomorrow night after i get off work. thanks for the info

Proud member of JBOK
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:28 PM
How expensive is that to replace? Mine you can tell is leaking by the valve cover.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:59 AM
Your car got too excited at Hooters I think...
Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:42 AM
Steve W wrote:How expensive is that to replace? Mine you can tell is leaking by the valve cover.

i don't know about yours because you have a 2.4 but for the 2200 the gasket is under $10 and i installed it in about 20 minutes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search