Ractive rotors ? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ractive rotors ?
Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:07 AM
Hi there, im in the market of buying new rotors for my car since they are warped and most places charge $110 for a brake job....

I was thinking on buying the brembo drilled rotors

what about ractive rotors ?

http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=430&idproduct=188

there is the link....

thanks

Re: Ractive rotors ?
Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:52 PM
Just a stock rotor punched full of holes and slots, then plated. Nothing too special really. Course the brembo rotors are about the same thing.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other....

If you're going to be doing racing or auto-x or anyhting like that, use Powerslot IMHO.
If you're just a typical driver, get what you think looks nices, or what you're willing to pay for, it's all pretty much the same (small differences here and there, Brembo is better than most).

BTW: Slotted is the "best" rotor, in that it can take the most abuse. Drilling holes weakens the rotor; so it's much more for show than functionality. Do no race with cross drilled rotors.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:00 PM
I had the ractive rotors on my car. I used the EBC greenstuff pads with them. I think they wore out faster than I thought they would. I went back to the oem rotors and pads. I really can't tell the difference between the two setups to tell you the truth.
Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:20 PM
Also consider the Baer rotors, we have 1 set left at a very good price.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:49 PM
how fast do you ship turbotechracing?i might be ordering brakes too
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:51 PM
Same day on most orders as long as it is before 1 CST. We a 95% fill rate on orders. Email us if you need to know if we have it in stock.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:02 PM
wouldlike to order this says still one on stock "Baer Slotted/Drilled - Plated - Decela Rotors Cavalier/Sunfire 1995-05 "
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:18 PM
Baer rotors, power slot pads, and hawk pads are all in stock.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search