question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:43 AM
im looking to lower my car about 1.5 to 2 inches and was wondering what all i will need for this. people here and on ecotecpower say that i shouldn't just buy lowering springs, so what all should i get to give my car that aggressive lowered look and stiffen up the suspension some too.

Re: question
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:47 AM
Get Eibach ProKit springs and KYB AGX dampers.

Done.

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:54 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:Get Eibach ProKit springs and KYB AGX dampers.

Done.

thats a good choice. thats about the best drop from a performance stand point. as for stiffen up the body, get some strut bars and sway bars

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:17 PM
ProKit + AGX is the best bang for your buck. If you're really looking to get the most out of your car, you may want to research more. But if you just want something simple, that just works, it's the best way to go IMHO.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:27 AM
Matt wrote:people here and on ecotecpower say that i shouldn't just buy lowering springs, so what all should i get

When they said that to you, they meant that you should have a good dampering system (shocks/struts) to support your car on lowering springs. You need something good to absorb what you run over and give you a good ride. By just putting springs on, you will:

1. Damage or fully blow your stock struts/shocks
2. Have a very uncomfortable ride
3. Can lead to you damaging other suspension components
4. Can be dangerous

Depending on how low and what kind of springs you want, should depend on what kind of shocks/struts you invest in. Do your research or ask more questions/suggestions on what to get.

Good Luck.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:33 AM
thanks for all of the suggestions....i know where i can get the pro kit but where can i get KYB AGX dampers?
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:13 PM
matt krajkoski wrote:thanks for all of the suggestions....i know where i can get the pro kit but where can i get KYB AGX dampers?

Go on ebay and find a seller with a good rating that sells them.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:03 AM
are there any sites that sell them?
Sunday, October 23, 2005 3:57 PM
matt krajkoski wrote:are there any sites that sell them?

Here you go:

Gravana Tuning - KYB AGX

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search