Tokico HP's, how do they install - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tokico HP's, how do they install
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:23 PM
Whatup, first time poster, long time reader Ima bout to purchase a suspension setup and was looking at the Tociko HP's or D - specs. My question is how do they install? Is there fabrication involved or are they direct replacements like the Mantapart Bilsteins?

Thanx in advance

Re: Tokico HP's, how do they install
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:37 PM
They are both direct replacements. If you are looking into lowering your ride, then go with the d-spec's.

this is my sig
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:41 PM
First off, what springs (if any) are you putting on in addition to the HP/D-specs? There is a thread I believe, with the directions, if you had searched! Anyways, I have on backorder (thanks to Jason and lack of stock ) the HP--and I have Eibach Pro-kit (1.4" drop), which the HP are warrentied for 1.5" and greater.

BTW, they are a direct replacement, and you better be either muscle-man or have air tools.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:51 PM
I was plannin on the Eibach prokit springs, 1.5 drop although I have the 2.2 95 cavi and i heard that the drop is uneven, whats that about? Also, tociko wasnt clear on what struts are covered by the warranty of up to a 1.5 drop. Can the HP's handle an Eibach prokit drop (1.5)?
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:55 PM
lol, thanx Sam, I was goin by the pics of the HP's on various sites, good to know there direct replacements, but u dont suggest tryin to put them in by myself? I DID see the suspension FAQ and the install howto for struts and springs, seems like one person could do it.... but with an air tool, hence the muscle man crack, lol, got it man!
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:04 PM
York Sir,

I changed the front struts on my second gen last year, took an hour and 1/2 at shop w. air tools---plus I didn't know what I was doing. It can be done, but you need some "persuasion" if you know what I mean. Also, you didn't mention what year your car is, but PB Blaster will help a lot if it's older.....like WD 40 but 100X better for rust/loosening bolts. So, maybe you could do it yourself......let me know.

I am lookin around for other struts, I want to get my car lower ASAP. Who knows!

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search