Squeaking noise from front passenger side - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Squeaking noise from front passenger side
Friday, September 23, 2005 9:49 PM
Around bumps, passenger side in the front squeaks... Im guessing Strut mount or brakes.

Re: Squeaking noise from front passenger side
Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:38 AM
could be struts, thats what was wrong with my moms car when that happened. im starting to think its happening to my car also

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:19 AM
Could be several things. Most commonly: Strut mounts, Struts, Springs isolators, and Bushings.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:49 PM
Well i just replaced the bushings... and i saw how they went in... they were perfect once installed. My guess is the strut mount or strut. I pushed down on the car on that side and it still has resistance so the strut isn't blown completely, but the strut mount still creaks and cracks.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:32 AM
The inertia of the car will make it impossible for you to tell if it's blown simply by pushing down on one side, not to mention the other corners will move at the same time. The only real way to tell is to take it off.

If the bushing are all on the up and up, it's probably the mount; something very common to our cars.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:46 PM
Sweet thanks, I also noticed under heavier braking it does it as well... If that helps to pin point it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search