coilover problems??? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
coilover problems???
Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:13 PM
hey guys got a quick question for everyone...

i just installed a set of coilovers on the front of my car and i adjusted them all the way down and the car sits at stock height????

now is it me or something wrong here???

i put them on stock struts and only took one pice off, so any help would be great.

they are hp racing coilovers suposely

also anyone seen justin cox or sees him please ask him to contact me or post here thnx, or jb pappa bear!

Re: coilover problems???
Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:17 PM
hp racing = bad @!#$.....

they arent designed for our cars and arent really safe....

Someone like wild weasel will back me up on this one.

Later
David

Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:28 AM
David Neal wrote:hp racing = bad @!#$.....

He's right...

The sad part is that there are very very few companies that make coilover setups that fit our cars properly and are designed well. The only one I'd personally buy is the RK Sport setup (Pro-Streets).

Also a side note, I'd highly suggest you NOT installing any type of coilover or spring kit without changing your struts/shocks. From your signature, it looks like you have a nice kitted sunfire. With stock struts you will easily bottom out and not have any type of support to keep your body kit from scraping on top of other dangerous things that can happen because of it. Also, your ride will be terrible.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, September 11, 2005 5:32 AM
yeah man the ride sux ass tight now and they didn't even lower the car, i have decided that im takin it back to stock springs next weekend!

thank you for all you help guys

Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:14 AM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote: The only one I'd personally buy is the RK Sport setup (Pro-Streets).

Ground Control, Tien's, and Gravana's are also trustworthy.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:08 AM
with a paint job like that you would think you would atleast get struts w/ it. that car is gonna bottom out so bad over bumps you might as well forget about that paint job

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:33 PM
Zach wrote:
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote: The only one I'd personally buy is the RK Sport setup (Pro-Streets).

Ground Control, Tien's, and Gravana's are also trustworthy.

Yep. Koni make a kit too.

Just about everything else is @!#$, and the hp's you've got are @!#$.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 1:43 PM
Garbage in, garbage out, eh? Didn't you think to ask anyone about them before buying that crap?

Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:22 PM
also the reason why they are at stock height, alot of the old crap kits as said werent designed for the car...

hence the parts can actually make the car sit even higher. so at full lowering you still run the chance of stock height

if quality suspension was dirt cheap and abundant, we;d all handle like top end cars.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search