lowering car - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering car
Friday, September 09, 2005 5:12 PM
ok i want to lower my car .. i just don't know how .. i know if i go with lowering springs i will get the eibach sportline springs .. which should lower the car overall bout 2 inches . i was wondering if it would be better to go with coil overs . ? does that sacrifice performance or handling ? i was looking at the dropzone coil overs ... i will be gettting struts later on . what would be better springs or coilovers ? and what brand do yall prefer more? for both ? thanks for all the info yall give me .

Re: lowering car
Friday, September 09, 2005 7:32 PM
Dropzone coilovers suck. i have sportlines on my car right now and love them to death. i got them from www.carcustoms.net . if u are going to get coilovers there are only like 3 brands that are any good for our cars, Ground Control, RK Sport, and Gravana has their set out now (which look amazing). for coilovers look to spend at least $400. also take a look at the FAQ that will give u a good idea about everything else.

this is my sig
Friday, September 09, 2005 7:41 PM
Tein S Tech work really well , too.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Friday, September 09, 2005 8:23 PM
ok thanks ... i'm glad i asked about them first .. i gonna go ahead and buy the sportlines ... i need to lower my car cause right now i have 16's with 40 series tires and they are small . i love them though .. but the gap is huge and i wanted the most drop i could get and i can only find the sportlines as the lowest spring drop ... i heard nothing but good things about them to . well thanks for the info . i appreciate it .
Friday, September 09, 2005 8:52 PM
Blade, I'm glad you're asking before you actually do it.

About the height of the drops, it depends on which set of springs you get. The Sportlines are 1.7 front/2.3 rear drop & the Pro-Kit is 1.4 all around drop. I personally would pick springs over coilovers unless they were the RK Sport Pro-Streets suspension setup.

Now make sure you get a very good supporting struts/shocks. The KYB AGXs would be ideal for the Pro-Kit & Koni Yellows for the Sportlines.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 09, 2005 8:57 PM
Quote:

The KYB AGXs would be ideal for the Pro-Kit & Koni Yellows for the Sportlines.

he is right

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, September 09, 2005 8:59 PM
yeah i will be getting the koni yellows later on ... in fact i just ordered my springs bout 10 min ago ... i can't wait to get them on .. i know it will give my car a whole new attitude .. u have the sportline sprigns rigiht?? how u like them ?
Friday, September 09, 2005 9:05 PM
i hope you bought struts w/ them.

Friday, September 09, 2005 9:13 PM
no not yet ..... but i will later on ... i rode with cut springs already so i know the feeling i'm gonna get and the ride gonna suck but oh well .. i will get the struts when i get the money .
Friday, September 09, 2005 9:17 PM
blade0604 wrote:no not yet ..... but i will later on ... i rode with cut springs already so i know the feeling i'm gonna get and the ride gonna suck but oh well .. i will get the struts when i get the money .

Bro...it's not worth doing the work twice and risking messing something up. Just save for the Konis and install it all at once. Being lowered isn't everything.

Friday, September 09, 2005 9:21 PM
my friend owns his own shop so doing the work twice is no big deal to me .. i took my suspension apart 3 times completly already and nothing is mesed up ... i like taking stuff apart and putting it back together on my car ... but if i wait for the stuts i'm stil gonna have the springs so thats one less thing i have to buy u know what i mean ?. ..

Friday, September 09, 2005 9:34 PM
blade0604 wrote:my friend owns his own shop so doing the work twice is no big deal to me .. i took my suspension apart 3 times completly already and nothing is mesed up ... i like taking stuff apart and putting it back together on my car ... but if i wait for the stuts i'm stil gonna have the springs so thats one less thing i have to buy u know what i mean ?. ..

Even though you have access doesn't mean that you won't damage your car by doing this (which is possible).

Friday, September 09, 2005 9:37 PM
but how ? i rode on cut springs for 4 months with no damage what so ever . the only thing i can see of damageing is my struts which are already blown right now for riding on cut springs . car stil handles pretty good . no c omplaints .. yeah alittle bouncy but that about it . hits bumps hard but i learned to get by them now and all . and i cut the spring for about a 2 inch lowering stance also . bout the same as the sportlines .
Friday, September 09, 2005 9:40 PM
blade0604 wrote:but how ? i rode on cut springs for 4 months with no damage what so ever . the only thing i can see of damageing is my struts which are already blown right now for riding on cut springs . car stil handles pretty good . no c omplaints .. yeah alittle bouncy but that about it . hits bumps hard but i learned to get by them now and all . and i cut the spring for about a 2 inch lowering stance also . bout the same as the sportlines .

Hey, it's your car, you do what you want.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 7:39 AM
id wait and do it right hte first time. save for some Konis

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:42 AM
blown struts is the first. its gonna wear out your mounts. you can ruin your joints. not to mention its NOT SAFE. not only are you risking your life but the life of others. it may sound dumb but all it takes it that one bump when your going fast enough on the highway. its your car do what you want. we're only trying to help.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 11:02 AM
^^^^ exactly

Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:10 PM
well i ordered the springs . i will order the struts later on i'll just put the springs in my room for now . i'll put everything on at once .
Saturday, September 10, 2005 4:13 PM
good decision...you won't be sorry
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search