New struts and shocks, now the car sits wierd??? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New struts and shocks, now the car sits wierd???
Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:32 AM
just like i said, i put new struts and shocks on my cavi a couple of months ago. everything was fine till i put my 18's back on and now it looks like the passenger side of the car is actually sitting lower than the drivers side. and when i hit pumps the tire actually rubs the fender.... this is very annoying. anyone have any ideas???? i have the rksport 1.75" drop springs, w/ KYB gr-2 struts and shocks. i also put new strut mounts on while i was doing it too.

Thanks, Jason

Re: New struts and shocks, now the car sits wierd?
Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:46 AM
It sounds like your shock or strut (depending if it's the rear or front) is blown. The KYB GR-2s were really made for as a stock replacement like if your stock struts had gone on you and you needed new ones, those are better than your stock ones. If anything, they could probably handle a good .5 drop.

Those springs are WAY too low than what the GR-2s are made for. I'd suggest saving up and buying Konis. That would give you the best ride for the money on that height.
Do it fast cause it sounds like each one is slowly dying out...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:01 AM
hmmm, didnt know all that... buddy mine used them for a loooooong time w/ his coilovers and had it dropped more than mine and never had any problem. Its the front strut.... there only about 2 months old
Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:13 AM
Hott98Z wrote:hmmm, didnt know all that... buddy mine used them for a loooooong time w/ his coilovers and had it dropped more than mine and never had any problem. Its the front strut.... there only about 2 months old

What kind of car?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search