which of these springs are better for Dspecs? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which of these springs are better for Dspecs?
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:44 PM
i bought some tokico dspecs and was wondering which of these lowering springs would be a better choice....

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/1996_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.4.aspx/1/77/_Springs_H_R_Sport_Lowering_Springs._Highest_Quality._1.6_inch_drop_

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/1996_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.4.aspx/1/252/_Springs_TEIN_S.Tech_Lowering_Spring_Kit_1.7_inch_Drop

the H&Rs look nice, but are a little more spendy.

the teins also seem pretty cool, are cheaper then the H&Rs and have a well-known name.

what do you guys think would be a beter choice for the dspecs?

Re: which of these springs are better for Dspecs?
Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:02 AM
and does anyone know if the TEIN springs are the same as stock size and if they will fit on the dspecs?

Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:00 AM
All I have to say is that I have my D-Specs with Sportlines and I LOVE them.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:03 AM
except i hate eibach with a passion (just a personal preference)

anyways, i think the tein springs would be better, i just cant find if they are stock size to fit on the dspecs

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:09 AM
TEINS should work, I could be wrong. Not sure why you hate Eibach so much, I loved my ProKits. Any lowering spring should work just fine w the Dspecs.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:10 AM
heres a bright idea. how about emailin' jim at gravana and ask him since he is the seller. he should be able to tell you, instead of wasting all these post asking questions which could of all been summed up in one thread

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:16 AM
im sorry for posting so much, i just am really careful on what i do because i hate wasting money, so i just want to be sure before i order anything. it has taken me months to save enough to finally put some money into my car, which is why im so paranoid.

sorry.

but i think im going to order the teins. reading other posts it seems like the teins are comparable to the H&Rs.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:29 AM
i understand, it sucks wasting money but seriously if you havent check the faq, please do! it tells you EVERYTHING. it gives you what springs/coils are good. where to buy everything. it covers EVERYTHING. event did an awesome job on it.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:35 AM
Yeah. As BaggedCav said; we're not annoyed at all with your asking a lot of questions. We like to help people, that's why were here.

We are annoyed because all of the questions you have asked so far are covered in the FAQ. And if you had read it, you wouldn't be asking all these questions.

Friday, July 15, 2005 12:16 AM
i read the FAQ, and there is lots of intresting and helpful stuff. however i did not see some springs in there listed (such as the TEINS). anyways i ordered the H&R springs off gravana today.

so ill bu putting those on my dspecs and posting some pics

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:06 AM
Good choice. Let us know if you have any problems getting them on, and how it all turns out.

Hmm Teins should be added to the FAQ. They're not junk, but they're not H&R, GC or Eibach either.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:01 AM
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:except i hate eibach with a passion (just a personal preference)

anyways, i think the tein springs would be better, i just cant find if they are stock size to fit on the dspecs

Why the hatred against Eibachs? They are very reputable company and make great products. I personally have the sportlines and am very happy with them.

About the 2 choices...they both look good but don't know anyone who has either on a j-body to give my opinion on them. Sorry.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search