Eibach pro Kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eibach pro Kit
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 4:37 PM
I want to lower my car and the Eibach Pro-kit sounds like the best choice for me with winters and rough roads around here. I know that it is a bad idea to put these on stock struts because they will blow, but how long will they last without blowing? I was thinking of getting the springs and then saving up for the struts and getting them later when I really need them. I was just wondering if this would hurt any other part of my car. If it's only probably going to last a few months, then I won't mess with it, but if it will probably last a few years on stock struts then that would work out good.

Re: Eibach pro Kit
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:33 PM
id say get the springs. then stick them somewhere in your room. then when you have enough money for the struts (most people go with the AGX for these) buy the struts and do it all at once.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 6:55 PM
No one can tell you how long they'll last, might be a week, might be a year, might be longer.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 8:23 PM
It really depends on how you drive and the number/size of the bumps. I would venture a guess that stock would last 2 months for an agressive driver, and less than a year for grandma.

I agree with 99redz24 if you want to buy them now, then do so. Then hold on to them and get AGX (or whatever floats your boat) then do them both at once. Also seems like less money when you space it out like that.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 8:26 PM
And if you hold on to them there is no need to get 2 alignmnets. Thats $70 saved right there.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:35 AM
I agree, that's what I'm doing.. I'm buying springs, keeping them in the box until I can afford new struts. I don't want to take the chance of blowing my stocks, let alone on top of having to make two seperate trips to the shop :\ So hmm.. yeah

Friday, July 15, 2005 6:56 AM
Mine went on when the car was about 2 years old with 35k miles on it. Rear struts lasted about a week before I couldn't take it anymore. Front struts held up for almost 2 years. The fronts were probably gone way before that, but the ride wasn't that bad with the factory fronts on it. With the factory rear struts, it made me sick to drive around since the rear end was constantly bobbing up and down.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:57 AM
99redz24 wrote:id say get the springs. then stick them somewhere in your room. then when you have enough money for the struts (most people go with the AGX for these) buy the struts and do it all at once.

Fully agree

If your not installing them yourself, your spending 2 times the amount of money to get them installed because your going to have to take the struts & shocks off twice if you do it that way. Also, your ride quality will be like crap. You'll be bottoming out in no time and you'll hate how your car rides.

Really a big thing about modifying your car is patience. If you don't have patience then you have to have money to get it done faster. If you don't have either, than your screwed...so it's one or the other. Have patience my friend...store those springs away, save for the struts/shocks package (I'd suggest KYB AGXs) and install them in 1 shot.

This will save in money, headaches & frustration in a crappy ride.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search