suspension technique problem (friend car) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
suspension technique problem (friend car)
Friday, May 27, 2005 9:28 PM
my dad installed a set of susp tech lowering spring onto his cavy (he own a gaarge mind you) well he told me twice he couldnt take curves nearly as fast as with the stock spwings !
his rear shocks are brand new the front struts are original i think (1996 cavy) and he havent had the car aligned could it be his problem ? cause now he wanna switch bac to his stockers

Re: suspension technique problem (friend car)
Friday, May 27, 2005 9:37 PM
you always align the car after taking off the front struts and suspension....

also if they are blown, then that can be the reason.

Friday, May 27, 2005 9:41 PM
theyre not blown my dad checked them they are still good maybe 70 to 80 % good

so an alignement should fix the problem !

Friday, May 27, 2005 9:43 PM
stock struts original from a 96 still good? how exactly did he check these and get a percentage?

you cant really make a percentage of how good they are, especially without disassembly of a strut.

Saturday, May 28, 2005 5:18 PM
Cause
Quote:

"the front struts are original i think (1996 cavy)"

&
Effect
Quote:

"he couldnt take curves nearly as fast as with the stock spwings !"

OEM shock/struts are more suitable for stock springs and made to ride in comfort not for perfomance.
OEM shock/struts will give a floaty ride no matter what springs.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, May 28, 2005 8:06 PM
kessé ça des lowering springs sur des stocks struts, come on man

15.958 @ 88.201 stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:04 PM
theyre not the original struts, i mean they are oem replacement for a 1995/99 and a percentage well he said theyre good but not 100% percent good so I assumed around 70 or 80%!

im dropped on stock struts and my car rides fine no floaty ride,nothing is bouncy (i rode in a civic on eibach and stock struts, its horrible) my car feel like stock

i think i will tell him to fork a couple $ to buy some tokico hp (not adjustable but suitable for the drop)

and before you get on me, I AM TRYING to find a set of used koni red in the 300/400$ range (will be hard but i can find those since i can get a new set for 500$)

Sunday, May 29, 2005 10:59 AM
i have the progress springs on my cavy with kyb agx struts/shocks and the ride is a hell of a lot better that stock.! u should def switch out those struts and shocks to at least kyb agx's. they install just like the stock setup (no cutting strut mounts either)and you can adjust the stiffness on them and they warranty up to 1.5"... my progress are 1.7 in the front and 1.5 rear, and my car hasnt had any problems yet

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:00 PM
^^^ yeah i got the Progress springs and GR-2 struts and they ride 100000000 times better than stock.

SPONSERED BY: Cavalier Extreme

West Virgina J-bodies[/URL]
Monday, May 30, 2005 9:08 PM
I think the GR-2 can be found cheaper on Ebay. Mabye like $250 shipped. AGX's can be found on ebay for $375 shipped and are excellent shocks.

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:34 PM
i had the gr-2's on my coil-overs and it rode like crap and blew out the struts. Then i went to agx's and lowering springs and the ride in the rear is still real bouncy. So i ended up with lowering springs in the front and stock springs in the back with agx's.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:43 AM
^^how does that look? lowering springs in front, stock in back?

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:11 PM
LowridrFire 20 wrote:i had the gr-2's on my coil-overs and it rode like crap and blew out the struts. Then i went to agx's and lowering springs and the ride in the rear is still real bouncy. So i ended up with lowering springs in the front and stock springs in the back with agx's.

careful, different spring rates front and rear can cause unpredictable handling.

Quote:

Can I just fit front (or rear) springs instead of the complete front and rear set?

NO!! Eibach suspension springs are designed as a balance spring system producing increased performance, responsiveness and driving enjoyment. Under no circumstances do we recommend or endorse the installation of 1/2 of an Eibach spring system

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/00578.2.6610585039800023935

most all spring companies are made like this.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:04 PM
which spring did you use and r they stiff with the gr2's
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search