easiest way too... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
easiest way too...
Saturday, April 16, 2005 10:08 PM
Tighten that Top nut on the suspension? Well Saturday i was putting a new suspension in my 01 2200. GR2's with tein high tech (1inch drop). Well it got dark before i had time to do the back. Any way things went "ok" but i ran in to a problem. I couldnt tighten that Nut that goes on the top of the piston of the strut all the way, there is still some thread left. I put them on the car anyway and it seems to ride ok but I know it needs to be tighter. Any Help?? yes i do have a spring compressor and this is the first time im actually doing a suspension. Please help and any ideas to make the back go smoother would be great....thanks

Re: easiest way too...
Saturday, April 16, 2005 11:02 PM
impact gun

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Saturday, April 16, 2005 11:26 PM
says not to use one?...Any other ideas? i dont have an air gun as i am doing this next to my house. I have everything i need except air tools... And how bad is it to leave it like that?
Sunday, April 17, 2005 5:03 AM
Is there some way to hold the rod in place while turning the nut? With Koni Specials, and I think with the stock ones, there's an allen socket at the top so you can use an allen key to hold it while you turn it with a socket.

If not, you can resort to wrapping it in some cloth so you don't scratch it up an then using some vice grips to hold it just under the mount. I've never liked that method though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search