comfy ride - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
comfy ride
Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:50 PM
if i wanted to have the comfiest ride i could in my cavi, what suspension do you guys think i should go with? its not really for me...my sis's 96 ls vert is at 144000 with original everything, and she wants a comfier ride.

Re: comfy ride
Saturday, February 14, 2009 2:47 PM
stock replacements.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:03 PM
from dealership, or would oem stock aftermarket replacements give same comfort? any reccomended brands for shocks/springs?
Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:19 PM
I'd go with OEM springs from the dealership and some Monroe sensatrack or whatever struts, throw on some new strut mounts and preassemble it all then just swap the whole assembly. Also check the sway bar end links and bushings, ball joints, tie rods etc.

Sunday, February 15, 2009 3:50 AM
I'm sure her struts are shot. Thats a LOT of miles for stock cav struts to go. Consider tokico HP or kyb gr2 for replacement struts as well. I wouldn't add lowering springs if you want the best ride quality.

Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:29 AM
ok, thanks guys!

how does the tein ss coilover kit feel at the highest point? i'm just curious...i'm gonna be putting this kit in my 00 coupe, and i'm wondering how comfy this kit could be...maybe one of my 3 settings will be comfy, another will be in the middle, and another at the lowest setting for great handling.
Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:53 AM
what would make you think that the lowest is for great handling? You dump the coils all the way down its gonna ride and handle like @!#$.

Sunday, February 15, 2009 1:21 PM
well, i don't mean all all the way down...probably about 2 inches at lowest...i would do up all the way for one setting, then one inch down, then 2 inches down...3 settings there.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search