sway bar help? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sway bar help?
Friday, February 13, 2009 7:54 PM
ok, i have a 2000 base coupe cavi, and it in all of its awesomeness, doesn't have a sway bar...so, i have the eibach kit, but it uses the front mounts...problem...lol, so i ordered the mounts, ok...now, what do i use for the bolts? should they have come with the mounts? or should i just go to a dealer and try to order those too?

Re: sway bar help?
Saturday, February 14, 2009 11:39 AM
also, do many ppl's cars on here have the front sway bar stock? i wonder if more came with em, or without. i'm guessing it was only the z24, and gt's that came with em, right? my sisters 96 ls vert doesn't have one either.
Monday, February 16, 2009 6:23 AM
Read the sticky next time.

Fe0 suspension equipped cars didn't come with sway bars. Although i'm not sure til when that lasted but i do know from 95 to 02 there was the fe0's. Which is your base model sunfires and cavaliers. Then you got the fe1 on i think from 95 to 99 which was a 18mm front bar and a bar welded in the rear axle (aka the stiff axle). This was found on the gt's and z24's.

Then you got the fe2 package from 00 to 02 which was a 22mm i think. All i know is it was bigger and the stiff rear axle. Found on the gt's and z24's. Then you have the fe3 from 03 to the end of production which was bigger than the rest.

Then the verts all had a front strut brace factory.

Take your eibach sway bars front and rear, a set of pro sport springs on agx struts or better, front strut brace from a vert, and aluminum control arms, and sold strut mounts front to back.

That's my set up but i have d-specs and you'll love it on your fe0 car.
Monday, February 16, 2009 6:41 AM
I don't fully understand your question. Do you have the sway bar installed and do you have just the front or the rear as well?

If you ordered teh bushing kit from Eibach then you will get everything you need. Now if you got the combo front and rear use the rear bolts for the front they help. Search for Help Eibach sway bar, or something along those line I made a post and Darkstars and Kardain gave all the info possible. Search it that will always help. Order the parts from Eibach the OEms will be rubber the Eibach ones or any other aftermarket should be urethane which are stiffer and will create better handling. Oh and don't forget to grease the hell out of them or they will squeak terriblly.

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Monday, February 16, 2009 1:48 PM
ah, ok, well, i got the full swap bar kit from eibach, but it says it uses the front mounts(it comes with bushings and everything)...so i ordered the front mounts already, but now i just need to get in attached to the car, which is why i said i need a bolt, or whatever. thanks guys, and sorry...most things i do search...i guess i just assumed that noone would've made a post about this before.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search