how the hell - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how the hell
Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:34 AM
Do I get the brakeline off? I know about the one that's on the caliper that one came off easy but I can't get the upper one off it slipped once and I'm scared of rounding the nut off, anything I'm missing? Maybe a secret clip, fitting something? Any help is appreciated as I can't use the car and I need it for work

Re: how the hell
Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:58 AM
use a line wrench.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:21 AM
A line wrench is used to remove brake lines and power steering lines.

In the event that it's so badly rusted that even the line wrench is rounding off the nut, I use 2 pairs of vise grips. Has never failed me.

Clamp one nut, clamp the 2nd nut, and turn in opposite directions with even pressure.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:41 AM
Do I have to purchase one or do they rent them out like at advance or autozone

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:52 AM
must purchase. They really come in handy and usually you can get a set of 4 for like 15 bucks if you wanna go cheap.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:22 PM
I have some beefy arse pliers that i use for stubborn brake lines and hoses. best pliers I own, use them for almost everything.

Monday, February 16, 2009 12:38 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:A line wrench is used to remove brake lines and power steering lines.

In the event that it's so badly rusted that even the line wrench is rounding off the nut, I use 2 pairs of vise grips. Has never failed me.

Clamp one nut, clamp the 2nd nut, and turn in opposite directions with even pressure.

-Chris-

Just make sure you have those locking pliers on the nuts on the CAR. Seriously...ow.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Yes, line wrenches work best, but locking pliers will do in a pinch (pun intended).

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:36 PM
lol i've used a small pipe wrench before, works perfect if you don't care that it will round off the nut (you will just have to use the pipe wrench everytime after that)

It didn't matter so much for me at the time because 1: it was an old piece of crap I know I wasn't keeping forever, 2: I figured I wouldn't have to get new hoses that often

of course you shouldn't do this on a car you care about
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search