full BIG BRAKE conversion, help needed - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
full BIG BRAKE conversion, help needed
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:50 AM
i want to convert my 2001 Z24 to a FULL big brake conversion with discs in the front AND the back, is anyone really knowledgable aabout this topic and how to go about, i've heard rumours of certain switches that have been done, any suggestions would be great

Re: full BIG BRAKE conversion, help needed
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:56 AM
well i noticed that you joined today and the post you made so far are rather newbish but since your new ill help you a bit. in the future the search button will answer about 98% of your questions.

big brake kit is exactly that, big brakes. the neon rear conversion is just swapping the rear drums to disc not a bbk. there are a few people that make kits. baer makes a complete front and rear kit (cost close to 2k for everything). wilwood makes a front kit thats around 800 and ssbc make both front and rears and are approx. 1300 bucks.

theres other routes you can go if you just want to improve a tad on braking such as powerslot rotors and hawk pads for the fronts then you could always convert the rear to the neon swap. while this setup isnt a bbk, it will increase your braking better than stock.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search