MOOG sway bar end links? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MOOG sway bar end links?
Friday, April 25, 2008 4:35 PM
I cant find any Energy Suspension end links anywhere around here, which is wierd because I know I've seen them before. Anyways, they built a new Oreillys auto store in town, and they carry Moog stuff. Are the Moog endlinks and bushings just as good as Energy Suspension or Addco?? btw, im going to be swaping out stock endlinks and putting these on the stock front swaybar. thanks in advance.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Re: MOOG sway bar end links?
Friday, April 25, 2008 7:51 PM
if the bushings are red, then they are poly, and are the same as Energy Suspension, etc.

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:56 PM
they are blue. the ones that came with my addco rear are black. they arent all the same stuff? what makes a difference?

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:01 PM
oh, don't know then. i know TRW poly suspension parts use red bushings and have an "HD" at the end of the part number. I'm not sure about Moog, other than they are a real good product in general.

Friday, April 25, 2008 8:05 PM
just found this:

linky link

Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:56 PM
Quote:

Our advanced thermoplastic bushings absorb vibration and noise and deliver better handling and longer life, while providing the performance of urethane without the “squeak” normally associated with it. They are not affected by oils, alkalines, ozone or hydrocarbons; can withstand extreme weather conditions; can carry substantial loads; and will not discolor or crack with age.

so i guess that means they are pretty good? as good as the energy red poly bushings?

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:08 AM
Where are you that you can't find ES stuff? Most parts stores carry it. Advance and Autozone can both get it.

Either way, Moog stuff is good, probably a step above TRW (since TRW contracts most of its stuff out, then relables it), but AFAIK, they don't offer poly. Poly is the hardest stuff out there besides replacing it with a solid bushing. You won't notice a difference between the Moog link above and ES poly though, at least not for a year or so of use.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:51 AM
idk, they all say they dont sell them and cant get them. i was thinking moog was good, but havnt heard of anyone using theyre endlinks. i thought about getting a set to replace the sets on my addco rear. only to have them match though, theres nothing wrong with them lol. thanks for the info

Sunday, April 27, 2008 11:37 AM
ok, i stopped by another (better) Advanced today, and they had the TRW end links. they looked kinda crappy though lol. i think i will get the Moog. you think it would be worth replacing the endlinks that came with my Addco rear sway bar?

Monday, April 28, 2008 12:52 PM
Or you can just order the universal kit from Summit and buy the ones with the right sleeve length.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Monday, April 28, 2008 4:51 PM

This is one time I can revel in the fact the aftermarket has something for 2nd gens, and not 3rd gens!

I just checked out ES's catalog to get a part number for you. They only list 82-94 J bodies. Thats probably why no one can get them, because they don't exist. Do like trump says, and measure the stock sleeve length, then order the universal set. There may even be a part number already in the FAQ somewhere.

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:56 PM
cool, thanks for the info guys!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 1:48 PM
i just ordered them part# 9.8122

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:55 PM
moog is a really good company, i use to work for oreillys and we had a ton of circle track guys come in and order alot of their stuff because they liked the quality of the product and its relatively cheap too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search