POR-15 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
POR-15
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:55 PM

Someone recommended I use POR-15 to paint my drums, but I noticed on the can it says to "keep away from heat and flame."

Should I be worried, or is this no big worry?

It also says topcoating is highly recommended, what would you suggest I use for this topcoat?

Thanks in advance, guys.

P.S. I searched for POR-15, and POR and paint over rust in this brake forum but couldn't find anything so if this has been asked before please refer me to the right post lol.

Re: POR-15
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:28 PM
It means keep away from heat and flame when spraying...it's a spray can I assume. The propellant is flammable. It's fine when it dries, LOL.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:34 PM
Actually it's just like a regular can of paint, no spray...although it does indicate that you can spray it on if you prepare it properly....I'm not interested in that...easier for me to just brush on.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:50 PM
I notice that they make special brake caliper and engine painting kits. I guess the real question is whether those kits use the same paint formula.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 2:35 PM
I've used the Duplicolor caliper painting kits. They work good but the paint doesn't really like the salt in winter. I usually end up repainting them every spring.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 7:51 PM
Im using POR-15 on the frame for my project truck. Its a very good product. You can paint directly over rust with it and not have a problem, as long as you prep it correctly. They sell a special degreaser and rust neutralizer that i recommend you use.

Check them out a POR-15.com

No i am not a rep for them. Im just a very satisfied customer.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:12 PM
Napa has a pur-15 its like 50 a quart, clean up the rust first. what ever it goes it i doesnt come off. it kills brush even if u put them in acetone or any thing. and it drys smooth. great product once u open that lid u have a week to use it, more or less.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search