Loose Sportlines on new Tokico D-Specs Plese Help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Loose Sportlines on new Tokico D-Specs Plese Help
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:40 PM
Alright guys, I just put on new D-specs and Sportlines. The only stuff that came in the Tokico box were the two struts and two shocks with only the new top nuts for the top mounts, that is it. The springs were just the springs. Using the stock mounts and hardware from my 2004 Cavalier doesn't allow the sportlines to fit snug in the new struts when the car is up on the lift. The back sounds alright but the front is definitely loose when going over bumps and makes noise. It just doesn't seem right. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Joe

Re: Loose Sportlines on new Tokico D-Specs Plese Help
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:52 PM
Well the springs are going to be loose when the car is on the lift...there isn't any weight on them.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:06 PM
and if you are driving and things feel loose or are kinda annoying when you run over a small hole your bearings in the mounts are probably shot. I just replaced mine and things feel sooooooo much better now.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:55 PM
When I put the D specs on my car the rears where good. But for the front I had to put on the strut mounts then 2 washers then the nut. I guess they didnt thread the shaft enough.
Friday, April 04, 2008 5:16 PM
Awesome replies guys. I installed a couple of washers and now it sounds like they are tight. I still hate the stupid deep strut mounts. I know one is not supposed to use an impact wrench but I just didn't see any other way. Thanks again.
Joe
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search