Lowering and Warranty - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering and Warranty
Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:11 PM
I've been looking into throwing a set of Koni Yellows with the Eibach sportline kit into my '05. I was wondering if anyone here has lowered their car and encountered warranty problems with GM. Obviously it voids the suspension warranty but I am worried if i drop it, they'll come to me with something totally unrelated and link it to me dropping the car. The car has 23,000kms on it so it's still a baby and I wouldn't want to void the warranty so soon. Any input would be greatly appreciated. FYI I did search it and found one post regarding a similiar issue but didn't really give me a straight answer. Thanks in advance everyone.

Re: Lowering and Warranty
Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:25 PM
They would have to prove that lowering the car was related to the warranty issue as far as im aware.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 4:30 PM
my experiences with a 02 ls sport and warranty.

I had a suspension noise(upper strut mount) at the stock height and they couldnt hear it over my RK lower motor mount. (later swapped for a quieter/softer Prothane one). that was a small town shop. and the strut mount didnt make a noise when i had it in. no big deal.

This other bigger dealership i went to, eibach pro kit( 1.4inch drop) lowered and complaining of the upper strut noise replaced the strut mount and alligned it for me and didnt say anything. I got lucky. I also remember finding a noise in the power steering. making a pop noise when the tie rod boot was one way. The guy said it was lowered thus changing the geometery of the parts. (keep in mind this is the same shop/guy that alligned it and replaced the strut mounts).

All in all, it depends on where you go and what work you are getting done. Lowering it i dont forsee any problems, but beware there are some dickheads out there that would say lowereing it caused stuff totally out of the blue to go wrong.

good luck.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 4:52 PM
Squeaks and rattles, dont expect them to warranty those if you are lowered. The dealer I was at told a few people to leave because they had solid motor mounts and everything in the car was loose. Keep in mind the dealer can refuse to work on your car for any reason. I sent more than one @!#$ customer out the door before looking at their car.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:34 PM
to be safe id wait til your warrenty is up, but if you work on your car yourself, go nuts

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:48 AM
i cant get....let me correct....the dealer cant get my car onto the lift so they wont do any work on it. I found alot of other places are even willing to let me put it on the rack myself. so like they said, if you do your own work, go for it. if not just be prepared for uneducated techs that WILL blame anything that goes wrong with your car on the suspension
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search