Coilovers...What kit on ebay are good anyone actually use them?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coilovers...What kit on ebay are good anyone actually use them??
Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:58 PM
i see the crapy ones are there but theres also some other relitivly cleaper kits also there but look alot better quality anyone ever use them what ones are good ones. No im not looking for the very best!! I just got a 97 GT sunfire.

Re: Coilovers...What kit on ebay are good anyone actually use them??
Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:08 PM
if you spend less than 450 on them on ebay. they are junk

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:14 PM
You get what you pay for!

Ebay springs are cheap, i had a buddy with an accord buy a set of tein coilovers and decided that while they were being shipped ( he had to wait three weeks) he would get some ebay cheap springs. Long story short one let go on the highway and destroyed his car, he ended up selling the tein kit because he couldn't afford to fix his car if he didn't.

Just something to think about....

Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:27 PM
hope you brought your flame suit, especially if you are really thinking of buying them

hop on in i've got a J

Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:25 PM
Theoretically, you could piece together a setup using parts from different places, and probably do it cheaper than even the several people on here sell them for. The sleeves, upper and lower perches all do the same thing, even though they have slightly different designs. Just make sure you get what you want (single locking, double jam, etc, etc) and you'll be good. The springs really are the important part. A quality spring is much better than a no-name brand. Most places sell Eibach 2.5" springs (the same springs GC uses) for about $50 each. You could get the rest of the parts from a circle track store and spend under $100 for it all. That would total about $350 when all is said and done. So yes, its doable, but most likely not on ebay, since the stuff on there is sold as a kit rather than pieces. You might find an older set of sleeves and perches for some other application for real cheap and then buy the springs retail. FYI- 3rd gen front struts have a 52mm tube. I don't know the rear tube diameter.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:01 PM
I would Highly recommend that you dont buy any suspension from ebay go straight to the manufacturer.
least what i would do
might be a little more money but atleast you know the kit is Fully covered and quality

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:11 PM
save up and get tein basics, superstreets, or groundcontrols with koni yellows. do it right the first time it will be worth the wait.

http://members.cardomain.com/yellow05cavy
Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:17 PM
Machzel08 (Teh Jew) wrote:if you spend less than 450 on them on ebay. they are junk

hey thats not true my ground controls were 400 but then struts costs me money too lol

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:17 PM
totally agree with yellow cavy
i would save up and go with the tein ss damper kit
thats what i am saving for

Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:45 AM
Mr. Kleindl wrote:
Machzel08 (Teh Jew) wrote:if you spend less than 450 on them on ebay. they are junk

hey thats not true my ground controls were 400 but then struts costs me money too lol

so then it is true ;P

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search