Air Ride Gurus, another question. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air Ride Gurus, another question.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 8:34 PM
Ok, I was cruising around and noticed that my back passenger side is going up (inflating) by it itself..slowly.. it was set on 40 and then when i checked it was on 60. so i decided so pull in a parking lot to check it out. i dropped all sides and noticed that the back passenger side is going up by itself. i unplug the air line from the tank. its blowing air even though im not hitting the switch. then i decided to hit the valves a few times and it stopped. Does anyone know what caused this? im scared that i might parked it sometime and it just starts inflating and just pop the bag. btw, i dont have a water catcher thingy. can that be reason why? what is it for? Thanks again.

Re: Air Ride Gurus, another question.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:11 PM
you are getting crap in stuck in your up valve. just take it off and you might see a chunk of something in there. i also dont have a water trap and that could be a posiblity but mine was the bag breaking down from blowing my struts and getting chunks of rubber under the diaphram in the valve.

just take out the 4 bolts on the valve that is sticky remove the electric part. then just pull it off and inspect. and sometime you ca do what you did and blow it out threw the down valve. but then you have to go threw the troubles of it getting stuck in there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:12 PM

Friday, September 07, 2007 4:12 AM
yea could be dirt on the rubber seal, just remove and clean or it could be a power wire touching a piece of metal.

Friday, September 07, 2007 4:49 AM
I would do what was mentioned above, just remove the 4 screws that hold it together and gently clean the rubber diaphram. Don't lose any parts and make sure it goes back together the same way you took it apart.

Friday, September 07, 2007 1:06 PM
yea its very simple to take apart dont be scared i just recomend not touching the lil rod that sticks off you do not have to disassemble it

Saturday, September 08, 2007 12:59 PM
Yeah it happens to me sometimes. Just take the filling valve apart, somethings inside there for sure.

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:40 PM
yellow22 wrote:you are getting crap in stuck in your up valve. just take it off and you might see a chunk of something in there. i also dont have a water trap and that could be a posiblity but mine was the bag breaking down from blowing my struts and getting chunks of rubber under the diaphram in the valve.

just take out the 4 bolts on the valve that is sticky remove the electric part. then just pull it off and inspect. and sometime you ca do what you did and blow it out threw the down valve. but then you have to go threw the troubles of it getting stuck in there

umh.. i did those and its still doing it. i checked all the wires and its not touching anything. What i did was take off both valve covers (back)(the one with 4 bolts) and switched it. (but i cleaned it and i even took apart the rod thingy to clean it before i switched it). AND NOW, the driver side is going up by itself and the passenger side is fine. i noticed that there's some water on the valve. under the round rubber lid looking thing. is that normal?
Monday, September 10, 2007 11:30 PM
that shouldnt affect it really. i cant help ya with out seeing it sorry man

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:08 AM
try just swapping the black box onto a different fill valve and see if its still raising. if so then its something electrical. double check all your connect and lines running from that black box to your switches. i know i had a similar problem and i found out that when i ran all my wires down along the door, when i put my carpet retainer piece back in, the little metal tabs on there scraped the coating off of a wire and was causing it to ground out.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:46 AM
The actuator I think it is called, the tube under the black box is most likely bent. You switched that whole unit right? From passenger rear to drivers side right?
Or you could have a stuck switch. Are you using a box or the 4 switches supplied with the kit?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:23 PM
David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:The actuator I think it is called, the tube under the black box is most likely bent.

thats whyi said dont touch those things ibent 2 of them on accidents before they are a pain to get straight again. what i did was get it super close then take a file or drill bit and round it back out i never had a problem after i fixed it

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:57 PM
David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:The actuator I think it is called, the tube under the black box is most likely bent. You switched that whole unit right? From passenger rear to drivers side right?
Or you could have a stuck switch. Are you using a box or the 4 switches supplied with the kit?

i just swapped the whole top. (with the actuator). why would that thing bent? i dont even touch it since i installed it.. im using the 10 switch that came with the kit.

yellow22 wrote: thats whyi said dont touch those things ibent 2 of them on accidents before they are a pain to get straight again. what i did was get it super close then take a file or drill bit and round it back out i never had a problem after i fixed it

How do i know if its bent and how do i fix it? it still doing that but everytime i hit the valve or keep playing around with it (up & down), it stops.

Thanks for the help guys.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:01 PM
If you swap it out with one of the release valves then you will notice that it will be releasing the air instead of filling it because you have it on a fill valve right now. That is how you can tell if it is bent or not.

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:09 PM
that or take off that rd and leave the valve i there and push it in and out and see if ou feel any resistance. you should be able to notice it if that is the problem

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search