switching my suspension - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
switching my suspension
Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:01 PM
i currently have the dropzone springs (the ones that mimic the sportlines) and kyb gr2 struts. in about 2 weeks i am getting the true sportlines and d specs. i am sure it will feel like heaven compared to what i have but any opinions on how much better it will be will be great. i was ganna get the konis but i really dont feel like assembling them. what is the best setting to start off at when i first put them on and how many miles must i put on before i can adjust the dampering? i know alot of people say put them on the softest they go with the sportlines but just wanted to confirm this. thanks

Re: switching my suspension
Monday, May 14, 2007 9:47 AM
i started mine off on all the way soft. i can't remember exactly, but i think the instructions said to keep it there for 500 miles or something. the difference between your dropzones and some sportlines should be night and day. I used to have dz on stock struts, then got konis, now i have the koni's with the tein s tech's. Even with the konis, the dz really don't ride all that well. The dz springs get the job done, and they aren't completely terrible, but the sportlines will make them look god awful. The tein springs kickass ass tho. that with the konis is an awesome combo. BTW, don't let the install scare you away. The struts are totally worth it, and its really not that hard to put them in.

Monday, May 14, 2007 12:41 PM
i dont have a drill press thats the only problem. it sounds too confusing for me and i really dont feel like paying anyone to do it.
Monday, May 14, 2007 1:01 PM
The D-Specs should ship with a full-firm setting, which will be torturous if you leave it alone. (The guy that test-drove my car after installing my suspension upgrade must have thought I was on crack. )

A good starting setting if you want to get the best of both worlds would be about 5-1/2 turns in front, and a slightly firmer 5 turns in the rear. This is a bit softer than half-way, which gives a good moderate impression of the Sportlines. I adjusted to this setting immediately upon getting the car back, and left it this way for about a week. You probably won't want it much firmer than this for daily driving. Move towards the full-soft 7-1/2 turns if you decide to make it more like stock ride, or move firmer for tighter feel during competition or spirited driving. (Or just do whatever feels right. )

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Monday, May 14, 2007 5:43 PM
so wut do u want 4 ur old springs

4 door civic on the way i need a daily driver
Monday, May 14, 2007 8:06 PM
what you mean cassidy? like how much am i ganna sell them for? well you make an offer and i will prob agree with you depending on wat it is. but just let me know?
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:57 AM
dropzone is horrible. search this forum for dropzone and you'll see how @!#$ty they are.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:24 AM
its funny that in a thread talking about how much the dropzones suck someone pops in asking how much they can get them for hahah, the ironic thing... if you click the profile the useer name is "doitpropa" (do it proper) LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search