ebay´s drilled slotted rotors - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ebay´s drilled slotted rotors
Monday, October 23, 2006 2:23 PM
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering about the drilled/slotted rotors on ebay.
Are they of good material?, what about rust?
anyone with some experience with this rotors... ?????

U are owner of what u shut, and slave of what u said...

Re: ebay´s drilled slotted rotors
Monday, October 23, 2006 2:28 PM
ummm what rotors...ebay doesnt make them...poepel sell them on ebay....personally i would never buy brakes off ebay but thats me

I may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
Monday, October 23, 2006 4:50 PM
I got a set two years ago and have put maybe 10,000 miles in that time and the were starting to crack. I would stay away from any no-name brands. Sometimes it's better to spend the extra money for a product you know works. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Monday, October 23, 2006 6:21 PM
I have a set that I purchased in February. 20k miles, no problems.

They had started the surface rust on the hub, so when I get around to it, I'll shoot a coat of high temp paint after light sanding the rust off.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:36 PM
I got a set 40k ago and still beating on them
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:41 PM
The majority of the ones on Ebay look like garbage.

I have a set of powerslot ones, and love them. But I plan on auto-xing next season, so mine need to handle abuse.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:00 AM
^but some are not! - you just gotta spend more than $5.00 and look at reviews from other people who have good exsperiences with them on much heavier/higher heat applications and you should be fine.

Ebay is just like anywhere else, you can always buy crap. Thats just a fact......the rotors I got were from a company selling there "rotorize" brand (just some in-house name for there rotors), I found they worked well in 350Zs, Corvettes, F-Bodys, and other higher performance cars than Js so I bought them and have loved them. They work great for me just like they do for the other people.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:16 AM
The no-names are probably garbage. The name brand stuff can be a really good deal, just don't assume so.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:17 PM
I bought a set for like $100.00 that sucked. They were drilled and slotted. I somehow manage to warp them. I had an ubelievable amount of heat fade. I wound up just going back to 2 year warranty rotors and lifetime brake pads from Autozone. I just change them every year. These brake better and last longer. I have yet to make them heat fade. I would never buy cheap no name rotors from ebay again.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:32 PM
as said it all depends on the company or person you are buying them from. i bought a set off of there a few years back, and they have been great for me. but out of the 20 or so companies i saw on them i only bid on like two companies that seemed to know what they are doing. if you dont want rust get them zinc coated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:36 PM
I bought these 2 months ago so far I'am pleased with them. I also ran a set of ceramic pads. As long as you heat cycle the rotors first they WORK. Don't put them on and beat it right away or you'll put blue burn marks in them.

Pics of car coming soon. I'm new... click on link to see!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=160025220779

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:04 AM
Got mine about 20k ago and worked great then bought a set of OE d&s Baer Decelas. To be honest I think they worked the same. I just paid more money for one than the other.

If you want named brand then pay for it
If you want cheap but good, then research then buy; on ebay
If youd rather not risk it, then buy a performance set of pads and live with it
(Vspec is the ebay make I bought from)

Ebay isnt always crap stuff. Its the crap you buy from with bad reps.

...They just HATE it when you ...POINT - LAUGH - then DRIVE OFF AND AWAY-!...
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:41 AM
Drilled AND slotted give up to much surface area. Stick with plain slotted rotors in my opinion, but be prepared to chance your pads more often since they will eat through them quicker. A set of SS lines will go a long way as well. I prefer to just get Brembo OEM rotors and Axxis Ultimate pads myself. They hold up to autocrossing just fine, last longer than the slotted stuff, and only cost about $90 all together from Nopi's online store.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 7:42 AM
Quote:

but be prepared to chance your pads more often since they will eat through them quicker.

Not entirely true. I have a set of OEM equiv pads that still have quite a bit of life left and I've done some harsh braking, towing, even some autocross...

They were a year old already when I swapped rotors in Feb.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:36 PM
i do know that Bear, Brembo and Wilwood make kits that work. But if your looking for a better stopping try to find like a 98 grand am GT with disc brakes on the rear and get em. they will work on any J Body.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:39 PM
www.horsepowerfreaks.com aint a bad site for anything your looking for. they also sell brembo brake rotors for cavalier. $135 for pair of drilled. $137 for pair of slotted
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:15 PM
Not all no name companys make "bad performance" rotors. There are a many company up here in Canada that make qaulity products, such as Roto Tech.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:24 PM
Finally!!! I have a pic....

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:52 PM
Since we're on to pics:

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:30 PM
Be careful even with supposed name brands. There was a company that marketed on ebay that was buying Brembo blanks, and cross-drilling them at their own shop with a drill press. End result was a very inferior product

P.S. Hey Zach...I'm hosting another open track day at the GIR road course. You interested?

-Scott
2003 VW Passat Turbo (20 psi Daily Driver)
1988 BMW 325i (Spec E30 Race Car Project)

Long Gone: 1997 Cavalier RS, 1966 Ford Mustang, 2002 Honda S2000, and so on...
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:19 AM
Scott... It's been a long time since you've posted on these forums. Yeah, I'd be interested. Check you PM's.

You definitely do not want anything that was made on a drill press. CNC is the only good way to do these. Another problem with drilled rotors that I didn't mention was that they will start cracking much quicker than slotted rotors will.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:59 AM
Mine looks pretty close...another ebay find....I think these were "rotorize" rotors as they called them. This is the pic of the back after neon swap...I just used cav. front and neon rear for a matching set. Now I will need to get F-Body front once I get finished with the alum. control arms and finish the swap.

At the time of the pic that rotor already had about 5-7k miles on them.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 12:10 PM
Sunday, November 05, 2006 8:22 PM
^Regardless of the product, that seller has some nasty feedback. I'd stay far away. Product is probably not good based solely on the sellers reputation.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 8:27 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search