big brake upgrade - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
big brake upgrade
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:10 PM
i didn't notice if there was any posts about the rears. Could anyone give me any good info on what I could expect? Thanks

Re: big brake upgrade
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:49 PM
not much a difference. surely it enhances the fronts a small bit, if you have those already, but the rears do not do the majority of the braking. the fronts do.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:22 AM
Strong rear brakes will work so long as the rear maintains traction. With very little weight in the rear (compared to the front) the braking capacity of the rear in general is mostly limited by wheel traction. Putting giant 13" rotors in the rear will improve braking, untill they lock up, and they'll lock up long before the front does.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:50 PM
cool thanks. I dont want to seem like a total newb... oh well too late. Does anyone know where i could get a conversion kit and how much it would cost.
Friday, September 08, 2006 11:27 AM
Not to push the swap too hard, but you could always do a neon rear disc conversion and save $600.00 then put that towards big front upgrade. The neon rear gives you more than enough rear brakes and for less than half the price.
Friday, September 08, 2006 4:37 PM
I just wont even feel safe without my Baers after having them on for more than a month now. Those Baers saved my ass maybe at couple of times!

More of control with stopping power and more push power you can take on your gas, I defineately do feel much safer and be able to enjoy it more now than ever.

I find it doing way more than its looks for me! Of course, for how they looked on there is a huge bonus!

Worth the money to upgrade I'd say atleast!

Friday, September 08, 2006 5:29 PM
I just put them on and I feel much safer myself and u can tell a difference and as phews said the look is priceless

Monday, October 02, 2006 7:25 PM
how much would that mess up the proportioning if I did the Neons in the rear with big brakes in the front? Thanks!
Monday, October 02, 2006 11:08 PM
it shouldn't mess up the proportioning. that's all done with valves well before the calipers.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search