Easystreet Strut Mounts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Easystreet Strut Mounts
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:41 AM
I just finished a temporary setup for my air ride (Easystreet of course!) and I have a knock noise from the left front strut that sounds like a separated strut mount would sound on a stock suspension. I bought my kit used so I don't know the difference between the old style strut mount and the updated one that was supposed to cure this. The previous owner said the updated mounts are on, but I want to be sure. Can anyone tell me the difference or better yet have pics of the new & old Easystreet mounts? If the noise isn't coming from the mount, the only other possibility is a broken strut, but I want to make sure I have the right mounts first.

Re: Easystreet Strut Mounts
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:22 AM
what i got from jim wasnt a strut mount. it was basically metal washers with a rubber part attached to the top of the washer. i assume to seperate the metal on metal contact

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:27 AM
for the new ones....i have a big steel mount plate with the rubber washer, and and metal washer on top of it

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:23 PM
pics of mounts if possible

1st 1st gen on air.....
Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:36 PM
The best setup I ever used was scraping the whole stock easystreet mount and using the modded 95-99 mounts like we use for coilovers.
It got rid of all weird noises and just felt all around better. But it would sit .25-.5" higher than with easystreet mounts. BUt it was well worth it to me

I am all that is man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search