The nuts surrounding thestrut mount - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The nuts surrounding thestrut mount
Friday, September 01, 2006 6:10 PM
Ok i have run into a problem that invloves the one bolt and two nuts at the top of the strut mount. Noticed some noise coming from the passenger side strut and in the process of investigating broke one of the nuts. My question is what size bolt and nut is that and what do i need to do to repair it. I could answer this but i didnt put the suspension on (something i am beginning to regret). I'll continue searching for the answer but my internet is slower than all hell so its kinda tough. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: The nuts surrounding thestrut mount
Friday, September 01, 2006 7:39 PM
its an M8 coarse thread, but if the post that the nut is on broke then you will most likely need a new mount. for what you would pay for parts tools to extract the old part you could have a new mount and have it installed with allot less hassle. if you don't have a repair manual for yourself, pick one up. its well worth the price of admission. Haynes part number is 38016.

bolts were probably over torqued when they were put in the first time.

torque for 95-99 rear 21ft-lbs

2000+ 18 ft-lbs front and rear

Friday, September 01, 2006 9:14 PM
Sorry for the screw up in the title. My next question is this, the nut broke the bolt that it was sitting on flush at the top of the mount. Would I be ok running my car (lightly of course) with it damaged like that. I dont see a problem as long as im not beating the piss out of it but then again i have proven that i am no expert.
Friday, September 01, 2006 9:19 PM
Thanks by the way Cinny
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search