car pulls... hard vibration - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car pulls... hard vibration
Friday, September 01, 2006 3:30 PM
ok heres the details

98 cavfire
had it for about 2 years... havent done any suspensioni work.. im guessing its all stock... car has 107k miles on it

i snapped a bushing on the left side... its the one that goes threw the a-arm i think... its got a bolt... and the bolt goes threw.. with a nut on the end and the theres liek 3 bushings on it... im not sure the name.. but i replaced that on the right side a year ago

i was in a car accident with her 1 year ago.. it was rainy .. bald tires in the back.. on the highway... spun out... .slid sideways on grass and ripped the bumper off on a tree....

i had the front end aligned.... 1 shop i went to said they cant do it and i have to pay 800 dollars to get somethign fixed... i went to another shop and they said.. they were just trying to rob you and he aligned the front end.. steering eveyrhting worked good

ok heres the problem

about 2 months ago i started noticing... when i brake... even lightly.. my wheel will jerk to the right.... the car wont always jerk... just the wheel will move.... i think that might be somethign serious... but besides that steering is fine.... well i lived with that.... i just drive to work and back...well last ngiht im driving to work.. and i notice...if i turn the wheel left and gas i get a hard vibration coming from the middle/ right side... and im stumped... i took off the tires and played with eveyrhting cant find anything wrong with it.... its kinda starting to pull to the right when im driving, but the vibrating is whats worrying me... when i turn the wheel its just a really hard, kinda makes a lil noise but clunk clunk clunk clunk

and if i crank the wheel all the way to the left to make a shart turn i get a squeeling noise sometimes.. i need help im about to give up on this car GRRR

Re: car pulls... hard vibration
Friday, September 01, 2006 4:29 PM
If it pulls to the right when braking, your left caliper is hung up and your right side is working fine.

It could be a seized piston, clogged brake line, or the caliepr slide pins, may be stuck.

I would remove and inspect the left front caliper.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search