AGX and B&G's - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AGX and B&G's
Monday, August 14, 2006 6:03 PM
Ok did a search and I found many topics on the AGX struts the sound like an awesome strut and what I want for my Cavalier. Right now I have a set of B&G springs 1.6" drop on my Cavalier right now. I want to use them again because the rate they lower the car I love. But I'm needing new struts soon and I'm looking around. I understand that KYB will not cover any dmg to the AGX struts if they are lowered 1.5". Here is my question, has anybody ever done this setup? KYB AGX with the B&G 1.6"? Or is that whole whopping .1" extra drop to dangerous to try? Will a .1" over the Waranty really affect how the struts will perform? I'm asking because I have read so much on the forums about struts and springs, that I don't see how .1" is going to affect the performace or reliability one bit. I know there is the Koni Yellows that are being matched up with the B&G's and I hear the setup is really nice. But I want a direct bolt on I dont want to mod my car to get the Koni's to fit right. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Re: AGX and B&G's
Monday, August 14, 2006 6:55 PM
The .1" difference shouldn't matter. There are 2 cavaliers in town here that are lowered, and they both have sportlines, which well are a 1.7 and a 2.3" drop...they have them on AGX gr2's which aren't even made for lowering, and they haven't blown. I'de go with AGX's. Personally in a few months I'm going to be ordering AGX's and goldline springs, which are a 1.75" drop. They should be fine, and if they aren't, I Doubt they'll be able to tell the extra .1" difference at KYB.

Monday, August 14, 2006 9:54 PM
Right now I have the KYB GR-2's with my B&G 1.6". The ride is still stiff and I don't bounce all that much. But I still boune when I come on rough road. And my back struts squeak, so I'm pretty sure they are blown, and I also bottom out when I hit potholes. But I think I'm going to go with the KYB AGX and my B&G's for the win.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:58 AM
Sdwndr2 wrote:They should be fine, and if they aren't, I Doubt they'll be able to tell the extra .1" difference at KYB.

lol wait to you send them back and try to get your warrenty, they will void it. they have ways of telling if it went past the 1.5" mark.

the strut itself will hold up fine on the b&gs but i wouldnt go any farther on them. it never made sense to me why people buy agxs and get springs that are like a 2" drop when you can get konis or dspecs for a little more

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:02 AM
The big deal isn't really the fact that you lower your car past the warranty limit. The biggest problem when using AGX's is that they were not designed to handle very stiff spring rates which you see on lower springs (especially cheap springs like goldlines). The stiff springs will cause your car to bounce when the AGX's can no longer dampen them. You should be fine with B+G's, but I wouln't reccomend anything lower than that because of the stiffer rates involved. I'm using them with H&R springs which are rated at a 1.6/1.4 drop and they work fairly well.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:25 AM
Thanks guys for all the info I think I'm going to get the AGX's for my B&G's. Sounds like it should be a good match.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:33 AM
I have G+Bs on AGXs. Functionally it's a good combination, they work well together (have to have set to at least 2 in the front or you'll bounce though).
Warranty wise it's a craps shoot. Some have gotten the warranty, others have been rejected. Also depends on how you killed your struts.

Friday, September 01, 2006 6:39 PM
I got one hell of a deal on a set of AGX's I paid $145.00 for the whole set. So I'm happy with that. But with the settings on the front and rear. I'm probably going to go with a 2 up front and a 3 in the back. Not sure will have to see when they are installed and adjusted. I have Megan Racing front and rear tower strut bars so that will make a diff. as well in the stiffness i'm sure.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search