The best strut for lowering - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The best strut for lowering
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:25 AM
Ok I'm getting more names thrown at me so I'd like to know, Who makes thee absolute best strut bar none for lowering ? I'm looking to go almost 2 inches and I don't want a tank like ride.

So all opinions are welcomed.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: The best strut for lowering
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:31 AM
Listening............

ECOTEC now with Maximum Bolt-Ons!!
Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:18 AM
Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:17 AM
wow, how do you want it spelled out for you in your last post >> http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=110693&t=110693

CHOOSE: TOKICO OR KONI <- their the most affordable:
Mantapart Billstein are good too. but they are $$. CHOOSE

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:19 AM
for 2" and lower, you want to go with either koni yellows, or tokico d-specs. they are both adjustable, so you can get anything from the firmest of firm settings for a very sporty feel, to an almost stock softness for those who like a comfortable, less rock hard feeling.
ive heard the koni's are the easier of the two struts to adjust, i think its easier to get to, and it should be less of a challenge to get them all even and such.

i personally (when i do my suspension) will use koni yellows, with eibach sportlines. ive just heard that this is absolutely one of (if not THE best) the best setups around (outside of koni's and ground control coilovers). i have never heard anything in the slightest bit bad about this setup. not to say that tokico is bad or anything, but i am just going on what ive heard time and time, and time again.

so i would say bar none, go with koni. they are typically a little more expensive than tokico, but imo, in the end i think its the best setup youre gonna get. but there are many as well who will say that tokico is just as good... so take that for what you think its worth.

good luck man

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:19 AM
Hmm, thanks C.T.S. but I was looking for more of personial experences with the different brands. Like company
X is crap stay away from them but company Z is awesome. I'm getting a ton of cash in closing my house and I want to do this the right way so money is not an issue I'm just looking for whos good, better, best and stay away from.

But thats an awesome read with tons and tons of great advice, I just want to know which company my money will be best spent with.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:47 AM
Jon DeVincenzo wrote:for 2" and lower, you want to go with either koni yellows, or tokico d-specs. they are both adjustable, so you can get anything from the firmest of firm settings for a very sporty feel, to an almost stock softness for those who like a comfortable, less rock hard feeling.
ive heard the koni's are the easier of the two struts to adjust, i think its easier to get to, and it should be less of a challenge to get them all even and such.

i personally (when i do my suspension) will use koni yellows, with eibach sportlines. ive just heard that this is absolutely one of (if not THE best) the best setups around (outside of koni's and ground control coilovers). i have never heard anything in the slightest bit bad about this setup. not to say that tokico is bad or anything, but i am just going on what ive heard time and time, and time again.

so i would say bar none, go with koni. they are typically a little more expensive than tokico, but imo, in the end i think its the best setup youre gonna get. but there are many as well who will say that tokico is just as good... so take that for what you think its worth.

good luck man

their prob equal, i got my tokicos cause i didnt feel like modding my stock struts....what if i need them asap? i dunno, i just wana throw it in and not think to hard aboutl it.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:00 AM
Geez I'm just asking ! Someone who is very reliable said the Tokicos were rough riding so this is why I'm asking. Its like just when I make up my mind what to get someone says DON'T DO THAT !

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:03 AM
lol. get some balls. order them. whoever said tokicos were rough riding is stupid. their adjustable...........plus it would be his spring that is rough riding.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:19 AM
See I thought it may be the spring but like I said VERY RELIABLE person said it so I'm just double checking.
I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Tokico D-Specs and the Tein S-Tec's but its just nice to know when you spend this much your just not throwing it away. Know what I mean? But thanks dude.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:20 AM
who told you it? lol.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:48 AM
Wasn't me. I've got no experience with the Tokiko's but love the Konis.

If you're getting lots of money... consider the Tein SS coilovers. That's the best solution on the market right now so far as I'm concerned. If you can actually get them that is...

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:16 PM
Naa don't want coilovers and as for who it was I'd rather not say cause it may sound like hes pushing what he sells but I know him better then that.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:58 PM
i never rode on d-specs just konis but i loved my konis. the d-specs will ride great, its all about how you set them. its gonna take a while for you to find a setting that you like but once you do it will ride awesome

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:11 PM
Ok thats it I'm getting the D-specs! Thanks Bagged !

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:11 PM
All this same info was in the FAQ too. I have to agree with jWagg, it's spring that make the ride rough (usually).
I've got AGXs and Koni's myself, and I love them.
If you're looking to go "almost" 2" I would go Goldlines or S-Techs. They should be the most gentle for that drop. It will be more harsh though, and some people have been known to complain...

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:34 AM
if it helps, I'm running on Goldlines and D-Specs. I've got the D-Specs set at 2 turns from full hard both front and rear. the ride is decent, and I definitely noticed a difference in the handling of the car. I don't have an aftermarket swaybar yet, just the FE2 setup, but I can take corners really well. I haven't really messed around with the settings too much, but I'll probably start messing around with it once I get the sway bar installed in the rear of the car.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:21 PM
not to jack this thread at all, i was just reading. i got my tokicos yesterday, and im so excited to get them on as im on dropzones now.

i lowered a friends car today, on dropzone springs, even though i told him not to do it!!! after it was all said and done, i was really suprised at how "good" it rode. It might not be a performance suspension, but it is actually pretty smooth. believe me, im not one to compliment dropzone im burning my dam dropzone struts and coilovers asap, but i was suprised.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search