Camber Bolts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Camber Bolts
Monday, June 05, 2006 9:50 AM
Maybe a stupid question but anyway,

I bought some camber bolt from RK Sport, and there was no instruction. I'm looking to know where they are going? Someone have a picture?

:ca: PROUD TO BE :ca:

Re: Camber Bolts
Monday, June 05, 2006 10:25 AM
In one of the two lower strut holes where the strut bolts to the steering knuckle. Sometimes the hole needs to be enlarged all depends on the type of kit. I've never needed one on mine and I was dropped 2", How far down are you?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, June 05, 2006 11:04 AM
I'm lowered on Gold line springs.

The garage was not able to bring them properly angled.

I paid 10$ that was cheap for a brand new RK camber bolt kit!

:ca: PROUD TO BE :ca:

Monday, June 05, 2006 11:10 AM
So how much of a drop is that ? Anyway regardless they go in either the upper (I believe) or the lower (don't think so) bolt hole on the struts alowing there to be a little more movement to get the camber right. Hense the name!
I'm surprised the shop just didn't take a die grinder to the strut ad egg out a hole so that they could adjust it,
basicly yteh same thing as your camber kit will allow.

Good Luck !

BTW that would be the 2 holes at the bottom of the strut where it bolts to the steering knuckle.

Monday, June 05, 2006 11:37 AM
Camber bolts don't allow more movement. They allow a differential between the knuckle and the strut. If you get two sets, you can adjust twice as much.

The middle of the bolt is offset from the ends so depending on which way it's turned, the camber will change. You set it where you want it, then tighten down the nut to keep it in place.

Monday, June 05, 2006 11:49 AM
DOH ! I should have said adjustment and not movement ! Thanks Weasel !

Monday, June 05, 2006 12:55 PM
np.

Note that they're really not necessary on our cars unless you're setting some specific camber for racing or something. With any streetable drop, our camber remains well within spec due to our suspension geometry.

Monday, June 05, 2006 1:05 PM
Thats why I asked him how much of a drop he had cause at 2" mine was still fine.

Monday, June 05, 2006 3:07 PM
my gravanas wher way out of camber. had to get camber bolts

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:00 PM
Ecotec Breed wrote:I paid 10$ that was cheap for a brand new RK camber bolt kit!

You wasted $10. You should have gone to a more competent shop.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:10 PM
are these any good for my autox runs?

and for daily? i'm on a prokit drop

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:27 PM
my gravanas are way out of adjustment right now. haven't had a chance to get an alignment yet. did a quick tape measure toe adjustment but i have a lot of positive camber really need to get that taken care of.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:28 PM
a good shop can align a cavalier properly with even a 2.25" drop and no camber bolts. Trust me i have been to a few shops and there is only one shop around here that can actually do the work properly

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:55 AM
Modfire wrote:are these any good for my autox runs?
and for daily? i'm on a prokit drop

I have 4 of the Ingalls Fastcam camber bolts.

I have 2.3 degrees of negative camber with them specifically for autocross but also for daily driving.

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search