Technical Help Req'd for Coil-Overs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Technical Help Req'd for Coil-Overs
Sunday, May 28, 2006 4:56 AM
Hi all,

I'm from the UK and I own a GM that's kinda based on the J-body platform. I'm looking for some slip on coil-overs for my front struts. I would like to use Ground Control items as I've heard good stuff about them. Before I contact them I'd just like a bit of advice. Below is a pic of one of my struts before being fitted. They've already been modified with shorter springs and shortened gas adjustable dampers. I made my own camber adjustable top mounts. As you can see they are a similar design to some j-body struts with the steering arm placement etc. So here's what I need to know:

My strut casings are 55mm O/D is this similar to any j-body?
I like the setup here but how well does the coil-over sleeve sit on the steering arm weld?

I hope you guys can help.

Stef

--------------------------
LT3 Powered Vauxhall Astra.
Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Ported Big Valve Head, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More

Re: Technical Help Req'd for Coil-Overs
Sunday, May 28, 2006 4:58 AM
BTW I did do a search but didn't come with any strut casing diameters

Stef

Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Ported Big Valve Head, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More
Sunday, May 28, 2006 5:06 AM
Also, on my strut the damper is retained by a nut in the top of the casing like below.

Stef

Monday, May 29, 2006 8:30 AM
For the record... this setup looks nothing at all like the j-body struts.

Monday, May 29, 2006 12:09 PM
Yeah... seems I was mis-informed, they're the same as the Pontiac LeMans (fwd version) though.
Bugger...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search