1.5 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Friday, May 26, 2006 7:02 PM
is there a way to drop the car 1-2 inches without killing the ride and comfort? it doesnt have to be perfect, i just dont want my head going through the roof every small bump or because there was a pebble on the roadway. also, from experience, anyone with a LS dropped more than a inch care to comment on scraping issues? is it a problem or no?

I wanted to just leave my car stock ride height and not screw with suspension or camber, untill i took this photo...

so, how to get rid of gap without making the car too stiff...its my commuter and as a daily driver it goes over bad roads and i dont want the car to get shaken apart. so, anything to get rid of the gap without too much cash or a total loss of drivability?

Re: 1.5" drop
Friday, May 26, 2006 7:05 PM
it was supposed to say "1.5" drop?"...sorry, between the time i hit preview and when it posted that part turned up missing somewhere across the internet.

yes. i know. internet > me

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:17 PM
youshould have probably searched. i wont be the first to tell you that. Theres a ton of cost effective ways to lower your car without the sacrafice of ride quality.

Your always going to have a little harsher ride, but thats something that you need to spare if you wanna lower. How much comfortability you want kinda depends on how much $$ you wanna spend. Im sure you can pick up a set of AGX's and some eibach pro kit lowering springs and you would be A okay, but your going to need to spend some money. Take some time and look around the FAQ at the top of the page, its super helpful when learning about suspension.

I know if you have any questions everyone will be more than happy to help ya, but try searching next time

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:44 PM
will do, sorry to post a topic that has been talked about before, i didnt look at the FAQ, just did a quick last 90 days search on it and didnt see anything of intrest.

so im in it for alot of money regardless, and to get a set that handles well and will ride comfertably yet lower the car 1-2 inches, im looking at still spending over 800 bucks? -sigh-

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:47 PM
Prokit -- 229

AGX's (can be found on eBay) in the 350-400 range

Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:46 AM
i got the koni sport kit for my car for $630.00 i am in iraq atill and havent driven it yet with the kit on but from what i here is is a great ride.
Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:46 PM
I have eibach pro kit springs and kyb agx struts and the ride is great, I've found that setting them on setting 3 front and 6 rear is a good ride
but that's my opinion, it's a nice drop and I have the stock 16" LS sport rims and closed up the gap nicely, especially in the front, as far as scraping, I've done in a few times, but just trying to get into steep driveways, avoid them or real big bumps and you'll be fine.
Sunday, May 28, 2006 9:26 AM
Kardain wrote:Prokit -- 229

AGX's (can be found on eBay) in the 350-400 range

thats exactly what you want.

it will give you a nice drop (1.4") and the agxs are warrentied up to a 1.5" drop so your good there. plus they agxs have adjustable damping so you can get it the way you like and you'll get a nice ride. i believe last time i saw (which was like 2 weeks ago) the agxs were going on ebay for 379

Sunday, May 28, 2006 3:32 PM
thanks for the help guys! i start work again next week, and with work comes money, and with money comes holes in the pockets, and with holes comes new car parts

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search