Rear Sway Bar - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Sway Bar
Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:17 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if, or has tried to use a pre gen 3 rear sway bar on a Gen 3 rear axle?

Re: Rear Sway Bar
Friday, May 26, 2006 10:54 AM
I haven't, and I don't know anyone that has.... but the idea of it is pretty much equivalent to trying to use a Honda sway bar on a Ferrari.

There's a very good reason why the third gen bar is made... because it fits the third gen cars.

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:05 PM
Yeah, that's why the 3rd gen never came with a stock rear sway bar right. And I'll say it for all of us...don't Use Honda and Ferrari in the same sentence plz.

Back to the thread...

Has anyone heard of this working? The stock 94 z24 sway bar looks similar to the Adco rear AFTERMARKET bar.

Thanks
Friday, May 26, 2006 7:48 PM
Ok, fine. I'll stop with the analogies then.

Here it is in plain english: NO it won't work. If it would, there would be no need for aftermarket suppliers to make different bars for the second gen than they do for the third gen. END OF F'N STORY.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:09 PM
ANYWAYS, has anyone TRIED to make another bar fit? Excluding John Lenko
Monday, May 29, 2006 1:23 PM
i think you will find while having the same style of rear trailing axle, the one bar is a fair bit longer then the other. i just can'e rember which is longer then the other.

Monday, May 29, 2006 7:52 PM
well the fact the 1st and 2nd gen use coil springs and shocks seperate from each other

and the 3rd gen uses coil spring shock combo , like the fronts

and the 95-05 did come with a rear swaybar , it is inside the V of the rear trailing arm , it was on the FE3 equiped cars , ie......... Z24 , GT , and LS sports

FE0 and FE1 do not have the rear bar

also it is perminatly welded into the V section

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:01 AM
i think they're talking about aftermarket bars. as in the ones that attache using hardware. not the factory 3rd gen bar.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:51 AM
John: Be nice! BTW: Nice new sig, I like it.

Mark: You're not asking a specific enough question, which is why you're getting a "bad answer".
Can any sway bar be made to work with enough time, effort, and money; of course yes. Will it then benefit handling, probably not.
Can the 1st/2nd gen RSB be bolted straight on; no not at all.

Friday, July 07, 2006 7:57 PM
All I was wondering was, the pre 95 J's have a rear sb. Its ass end is wider then the gen 3...but I donno.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search