easystreet questions - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
easystreet questions
Monday, May 22, 2006 9:48 AM
ok I want an adjustable suspension setup. I am using the car as a somewhat daily driver and there are a few places where I scrape my kit already and I am not even lowered yet. I would like something that would give me a drop when I want it, but raise me back up to stock height at least for going up inclines into parking lots and such. Would the basic easystreet air ride kit do that? And is there any welding involved? I am cool with wiring and running all the high pressure tubes to the compressor and all that, but welding is somewhat of a mystery to me. I did it in shop class a couple of times in high school and I sucked ass at it.

Re: easystreet questions
Monday, May 22, 2006 12:31 PM
1) the rear goes about 1/2" to 1/4" lower than stock when fully raised and the fronts go to stock height when fully raised. you have to realize though that with a body kit you have to give up some roads and driveways that you just cant use anymore.

2) everything is a direct bolt on. no welding at all

Monday, May 22, 2006 2:21 PM
I have an 02 cavalier, if I wanted to do airride do I need to remove sway bars in order to do that? I have a nice suspension setup now but would like to do airride and is it a good idea for a daily driver?
Monday, May 22, 2006 6:58 PM
^^^No.

And what ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé) said.

-Brandon

Monday, May 22, 2006 8:09 PM
my air ride from easystreet is for sale if anyone is interested, \
sway bars do not need to be removed, direct bolt on

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:52 AM
i don`t understand why people think that air ride can`t be on a daily driver, of course it can mine was a daily driver and never had one problem with it
allot of domestic and imports use air ride from the factory, my riviera had air ride from the factory
so ya use it on your daily driver no worries go for it

can i haz bondo
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:15 AM
i drove my car as a daily drive for a year and a half w/ air and it was fine

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:58 AM
Mines a daily, the only problem I have had was a line blowing (my fault)

-Brandon

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:13 AM
speaking of line blowings, jeez i had to replace the leader hose on mine because my ziptie broke and it rubbed on my tie rod causing it to rub a hole in the line (before hand easystreet gave out rubber leader hoses for their front kits, now they are that metal mesh material) and changing that line out was a bitch, i had to take the whole strut out to do it. now i need to go get my car aligned

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:54 AM
^^^^Yeah mine has the rubber ones too!

-Brandon

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:20 AM
i got the new steel braided ones with my kit
but in return, the struts are now silver instead of black so they stick out

RIP Saint ........ JBO

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:49 AM
lol what sucked about the new hose is it was 2 female ends and the old hose was a male/female end and i didnt know til i put everything together and i was about to connect the fitting to the hose and realized it wouldnt work so i had to run to home depot and make up some fittings to get it to work.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:35 AM
Easystreet is a great kit, the only problem with it is VIAIR compressorsSUCK< I would recommend when ordering it to UPGRADE to an Air Zenith, also not the best but the best compressor you will get for the money

Compressors SUCK

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:43 AM
The Viair 380 SUCKS!, but not all Viair compressors suck. Get an Oasis 2000! You would never have to worry about air again, or a custom built EDC!

-Brandon

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:07 AM
i have no problem w/ my viair 450

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:43 AM
Eazy Ent. ( 716 ) wrote:i got the new steel braided ones with my kit
but in return, the struts are now silver instead of black so they stick out

not unless your car is stock silver, the new silver on the struts actually matches up pretty damn well.

think the reason most people dont think of airride as daily driven because they hear all the horror stories of them breaking down because so many people by crap pieces and dont know what they are doing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:53 AM
mine is dd/show car and drove mine last year in the winter and add no problem apart from the compressor a bit slow on filling the tank it been good.
Saturday, June 03, 2006 7:22 AM
redecocav wrote:The Viair 380 SUCKS!, but not all Viair compressors suck. Get an Oasis 2000! You would never have to worry about air again, or a custom built EDC!

that oasis 2000 is a BEAST

~ENJOY THE DRIFT~

Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:04 AM
DRIFT~CAVALIER wrote:that oasis 2000 is a BEAST

Werd!!!

-Brandon

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search