Addco rear sway bar..results in...final...long - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Addco rear sway bar..results in...final...long
Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:14 PM
Last thoughts on the original vs new style rear 1" sway bar from Addco.
So for those who choose not to read on, the bar I'm deciding on is........
NEW STYLE.

Ok, now I'll get to my decision process and why I chose this newer/revised design.

About the car: 99 Z24, 22mm front, f/f strut tower bars, rear axle torsion bar (key to the madness)

For pictures of the bars go here toward the bottom:
SWAY BAR PICS

First up the original designed bar, larger size, required the drilling of the two holes just after the rear shock bolt.
Note about the drilling: Have good drill bits. We bought a $10 pack from the store, cut through like water

Mounted up, ghetto test driving around the lot/apt complex.
Lot less lean, ride soft and comfortable. Almost unnoticeable.

Next up is the revised designed bar, no drilling required, bolts up EXACTLY 100% like the RK or Eibach rear bar.
Ghetto driving again, ride much stiffer, take a turn and the bar is saying "no lean for you", you know there's an antisway bar on the car.

Test again,same results.

Now I take off everything and drive the car again. And somehow, now the car is driving like it has on the larger original desing. Just a touch of lean. So I'm like....WTF
There was a post about car ears and suspension, and how some models have the torsion bar tucked up in the rear axle area.
Well, I never really paid attention since I thought it was a common thing.

Now I'm not a physics major, don't know about angles, and forces, and know roads, tires, shocks and all o that are factors, and each car is different..................BUT...........................on or off, that larger bar didn't give me nearly the effect I wanted as this newer designed bar. Which kinda floored me because I had this larger bar on my other 99 z...odd indeed.

Therefore, I'm gonna keep with this newer design and look for the other to be posted for sale.
OR ebay............

One thing I will say, for those without front sway bars at all, and wanna put this thing on to mess around.
Know your car, and take care on the twisties......for real.

Ok I've beat'n this thing to death. I'm out.
Thanks for reading................if ya got this far.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search