RIGHT COIL OVERS???? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RIGHT COIL OVERS????
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:33 PM
Hi, i bout some cheap coil overs on e bay (i know, i know) I have never seen coil overs before, but these dont look like the could be even close to right. The total distance from tip to tip is just about the same from the tip of my middle finger to my wrist. Is this right??? They look like they were meant more for a go cart than anything else.

Re: RIGHT COIL OVERS????
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:51 PM
Throw them away. Even if they did fit, i guarantee that parts are missing for a proper install.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 7:09 PM
They Call Me...Baby Gorilla wrote:Throw them away. Even if they did fit, i guarantee that parts are missing for a proper install.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:06 PM
andy bishop wrote:Hi, i bout some cheap coil overs on e bay (i know, i know) I have never seen coil overs before, but these dont look like the could be even close to right. The total distance from tip to tip is just about the same from the tip of my middle finger to my wrist. Is this right??? They look like they were meant more for a go cart than anything else.

I think you're on to something right there.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:18 PM
do you have any pics, or a link to the auction if it's still up?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:37 AM
NEVER SKIMP ON YOUR SUSPENSION! do away with them....

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:41 AM
Well... I think he's describing the length of the springs. If you've never worked with a coilover setup before, the first time you see them that's generally the impression you get. They just can't be right.

That's the way they are though. Ground Control's standard springs are 6" tall in the front and 7" tall in the back. Pretty much the size of a beer can.

There's nothing wrong with that so long as the spring rate is appropriate to prevent you from bottoming out while still being able to absorb the bumps in the road.

All that said... if you got a cheap set from eBay then the size of the springs is likely the least of your concerns. Post some pics of what you've got and we'll let you know what's wrong with them or just save yourself a lot of trouble and toss them out and start saving for something proper.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COIL-OVER-OVERS-CHEVROLET-CAVALIER-95-98-99-00-01-02-03_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQitemZ8065638447QQrdZ1 not the exact ones i have but close, mine did not come with the hardware shown in this picture, but everything else is the same. I think im just going to end up getting some springs, seems like a lot less of a headache.
Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:24 PM
their junk just toss them

Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:51 PM
man you got suckered so bad on ebay......

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:47 PM
yeah, i'm just gonna buy some lowering springs and call it a day.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:58 AM
mine look the exact same...put didn't buy them on ebay....bought them from Grand West Products....and i can get them to look right....and they never came with the wrenches...and the company say's that u don't need the wrench...i was like...wtf...i paid 170$ for these and they don't wanna help me out on anything..

<html>http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/brianb/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg</html>
Monday, May 15, 2006 11:26 AM
Can you just return them?

Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:57 AM
i'm trying to get the exchanged for lowering springs since they just went on sale for about 100 bucks more than what i paid for the coil overs.... the only problem is that the company wont give me any straight answers they just keep telling me to call back

<html>http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/brianb/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg</html>
Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:28 PM
Dont go with the same company agian....

Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:57 PM
Seriously man. They ripped you off once. Don't give them MORE money now. Will they just give you a refund?

Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:07 PM
Werd^ You shoulda got GC's in Suspension you get what you pay for good luck man.

Monday, May 22, 2006 4:14 PM
NO, BAD... STOP IT...

haha.

for suspension mods, DONT GO EBAY. ebay is decent for certain mods, most of the time drivetrain/ suspension mods arent it tho... search around, you'll find that the intakes they sell on ebay are sometimes a steal, but the no name things that actually control something more to the effect of keeping the car in a straight line, and more serious, ON THE ROAD, are mroe dangerous than they are decently priced. its gopd that you came here before you tried to install them tho, i personally would hate to see another result of poor suspension judgement... im glad you thought more about that... and now you know better... suspension mods on ebay, NO... NO NO NO!

good luck man, and dont let them get away with ripping you off... report them if needed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search