Best System - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best System
Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:07 PM
I was wondering what would be the best strut-spring suspension system I should use if i want to lower my car, have it look nice, reduce wheel hop, and have good cornering? I've heard about a bunch of different systems i could use, but I'm not sure which one would be the best. Thanks.
-Jeddy

Re: Best System
Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:37 PM
Oh boy...ok, I don't feel like explaining much this late at night, so here is a link to a page you should READ

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=50260&t=50260

Friday, May 05, 2006 4:28 AM
its all about money. what do you wanna spend first

Friday, May 05, 2006 11:58 PM
if money isnt too much of a problem, get the tien Super Street coilovers, only 1250 at gravana
thats what im doin ne ways

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:15 AM
There really is no best... its all based off of objectivity and opinion. What I think is the best may not be what, for example, BaggedCav agrees with. Its like asking "which color should I paint my car?" You'll get a million and 1 answers, but only you can make the choice... now, we can tell you what not to get, if that will help any

The opinions can be given, it would then be your decision to go with what you feel is best.

No 2 cars ride the same. As such, even with identical suspension setups, there will be differences.

I'm not going to answer the first part of the question, but rather the second...:

Quote:

lower my car, have it look nice, reduce wheel hop, and have good cornering?

For good cornering, a sway bar set will help. For wheel hop, replace the control arm bushings with a ProThane set.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 9:36 AM
Well, thanks for some input. My friend got some Intrax Sport springs on his car and its rides pretty nice and looks very nice. I hafta get those different bushings for my control arm cuz that wheel hop is terrible. Once again guys, thanks for the help.
-Jeddy
Saturday, May 06, 2006 10:59 AM
Ehhh, Intrax isn't that great. Don't go that route.

If you don't know what you're doing with the control arms, have a shop put them in. And the wheel hop can't be that bad, the car doesn't have that much torque.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:20 AM
goldline springs and d-spec struts. amazing ride, nice stance, and a total of about $700 for a full suspension.
just my $0.02

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search