Control arm bushings - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Control arm bushings
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6:38 AM
hey guys..im taking in my 02LS today for an alignment becasue I did a koni yellow/Eibach sportline suspension setup and the dude there says I need new control arm bushings...I was just wondering how long it takes for a shop to install the bushings??

Re: Control arm bushings
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 7:03 AM
depends, if you need new ones order the prothane ones from one of the many fine JBO stores. I got mine at Gravana.

-Chris

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:13 AM
One labor book has it at 2.3 hours for all four. Multiply by their standard rate (probably $50 to $70 per hour) and you're looking at $115 to $161. Might luck out and get a shop that charges T&M, that would be cheaper cause they usually go quickly.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:32 AM
You could do them yourself for much cheaper, and while you are at it, get the upgraded bushings and replace your balljoints (if needed).

There are a few posts around that show you how to replace your bushings. The hardest part is removing the old one bushings, but it appears that someone realized a torch will take care of that in a matter of minutes.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:05 AM
If you need them to get an alignment Id suggest actually calling whatever shop you buy the prothane ones from first. 3 freaking weeks & waiting on mine from Gravana. Over a week after ordering they didnt even bother emailing to state back ordered, & rarely answer email. So if you badly need an alignment & want prothane ones don't rely on Gravana & actually call whoever to make sure they are stocked.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:36 AM
*cough* Karo *cough*

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:37 AM
i got mine in a week.

The shop near me wanted to charge $360.00 to install the bushings. I'll be installing them when I put my front swaybar on.

3 methods of removal of old bushings.
1.) Hacksaw
2.) Torch
3.) Arbor Press

Some shops will push out the old bushings and put in the new ones for really cheap ($30.00 or less)

Hardest part is removing the control arms and installing them back in.

-Chris

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:15 AM
ya I just got the car back home...it cost me 60$ for the bushings and 235$ for installation....fcuk, thats a lot of $$ just for that..lol..I couldnt do an alignment becasue they need the stock wheels on...so i'l wait a couple of weeks untill I get enough $$ for that
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 2:10 PM
My old bushing kicked my shop's ass for over 4 hours.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search