Grinding Noise when turning to the right - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grinding Noise when turning to the right
Friday, April 28, 2006 7:38 AM
I did my agx/pro-kit install back in feb ( i also installed all new strut mounts). Got my wheel alignment done same day as install and everything has been fine. I take my car into the dealer on monday for a tune up and inspection before my 100,000KM warranty expires just to be sure that everything is ok before it expires. Everything was ok on the inspection and passed and nothing needed to be fixed.

But when I got home and turned into my parking stall I hear this like rubbing/grinding noise coming from my drivers side wheel when pulling into my spot. So I pulled out and tried it again and drove around in some circles and it was there. I guess a way to explain it would be like the sound of a too small of rim on a car and the caliper is rubbing on the inside of the rim. I hope that explains it right.

So I pull around in my parking lot and do some doughnuts to the left and no noise. But they make the noise when turning to the right. Which is what I dont understand. I let the dealer know that my car was lowered on the work order in CAPS writing and I talked to them afterwards and they said they made due and it was a little tough getting it on the lift but they used 2x4's to drive up onto.

Here is the funny thing. It only seems to do this sometimes. I mean I tried to reporduce it this morning in my work parking lot by turning some doughnuts to the left and right and the noise wasnt there. But last night it was again when I pulled into my parking spot and after work yesterday.

I called the dealer and said "HEY, my car wasnt doing this before I brought it in, I'm holding you guys responsible." I have yet to get a call back this morning about it.

So I guess my question is what could it be? Did they bend/break something? Is my drivers side tires on straight? I dont notice and shakking or shimmying? Why is it a on/off noise? Could the brand new mount on that side be F*cked already? They only have like 2000-2500KM on the mounts. Which isnt much.

A little input would be appriciated. Oh if it matters I'm running 3 front and 5 rear on my AGX settings.

Regards,

J

Re: Grinding Noise when turning to the right
Friday, April 28, 2006 8:08 AM
was it loud? did the wheel seem to shake? if so, check your lugs.
is the car pulling when you drive or running straight?
was it cold? i've noticed mine can be a little noisy if it's been cold and the car has sat.
when you push down on the passenger side, is the noise present, is there much give?

Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:35 AM
The noise seems to have stopped. Im wondering what it was. I'm taking it into the dealer today to be looked at since it started after taking it in. There going to check it out to see what it might have been free of charge since I paid for the inspection and such already. I'll update on what it might be.

After thinking about it I was thinking maybe it could have been the spring binding on the strut or something. Or maybe the mount? (even though they only have like 2500km on them) Or maybe the spring insolator had moved or something. But for some reason I cant get it to make the noise again.

Could it have been something with it being up on the lift and the spring got out of it's notch on the strut body? and it got back into place?

I'll update later on this afternoon after they look at my car.

Regards,
Monday, May 01, 2006 2:07 PM
Probably a hard spot in the rotor.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search